Eagles bring Tim Tebow in for a workout

Discussion in 'Sports' started by VolDad, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Ever since I first saw him speak in an interview, I always think "this guy seems like a major douche" each time he talks. He just has that tone and sense about him, like he deigned to talk to you and you are simply wasting his time right now.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We never will know, as you cannot do an experiment to find out. If Brady goes to the Dolphins, he is probably OK, but doesn't win 4 Super Bowls. Belicheck goes to the Jets with a different type of owner, and he probably doesn't win 4 Super Bowls.

It is like asking how many more Championships Manning would have if he had some how landed in New England. We will never know. He might still only have one, he might have 6.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Whelp, guess that settles it here. Shut this place down.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Now, now, I never said we couldn't argue about it.

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Name another QB whose built a career in check downs and 8 yard run routes. Brady's success speaks to the true greatness of Belicheck.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Not sure I can agree with that. He was off to an awful start with him.

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

5-13 with Bledsoe as his starter.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You're right. I was thinking Belichick was the hc in 1999

9. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I refuse to believe a story that is purportedly from a professional writer that contains the phrase "hasn't saw fit."

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

he meant saw'n

11. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Eh, I've saw it used before.

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

The current Eagles QB staff seems to have no rhyme or reason to it. What's Kelly's endgame?

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

To prove his system can win with any QB; invest the money with the Defense.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I see the Tebow signing just being a maverick to be a maverick at this point. He is clearly out to prove something.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It doesn't mean much, to be honest. There's plenty of recycled veterans that get signed now and never make the roster.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

so he throws him in for the occasional short yardage situation and he's a 3rd string qb. it's not as though he's going to start tebow. not sure why people are freaking out.

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

It's more of the entire collection of guys to me. Bradford, Barkley, and Sanchize, with Tebow being the latest edition. I can't figure out a coherent theme.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I bet barkley isn't on the team by game 1.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's a weird rule about your 3rd string qb playing a snap. If the 3rd string qb plays, the 1st and 2nd string qbs can't return but the 3rd string qb doesn't count against your 53 man active roster.

That was the rule a few years ago, at least.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't know that.