Edward Snowden

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jan 17, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think he should go to jail, along with those responsible for the illegal acts he unveiled. If he goes to jail but no one else who committed the illegal acts he unveiled, well, the message is clear.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

The fact that his first thought was to go to the media over the CIA entrapping the Swiss banker tells me he had a flair for pulling stunts. Thankfully he thought better of it the first time.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'd say he didn't handle it the best, but it also seems like the fox has been ruling the chicken pen as well. It seems like there has been little oversight to who and what is being spied on by the NSA surveillance.

4. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Should be placed in a Federal pen in the state of Alabama…and his sentence should last as long as it takes him to start releasing docs on the Alabama and Auburn football programs.

5. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

obama promised transparency, snowden followed orders. imo jmo

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I've heard all sorts of things about him leaking info, but hat classified information, specifically, did he release? Anyone care to write it out or link a solid article that explains it?

7. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

I'd doubt the government wants him testifying under oath anyway. He'd have a "heart attack" if he returned to the US.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Link: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...clemency_the_nsa_leaker_hasn_t_proved_he.html

9. Tenacious D

He'd be safer from that sort of thing in Miami, than Moscow.

10. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Not until he uses up his value to the Russians but after that he's probably a dead man.

11. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Well at least he obtained the fame and attention he apparently desired so much.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  12. Tenacious D

The State Dept. would love to see this guy die, particularly in Moscow.

Christmas come early sort of love.

13. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Give the man a damn medal of honor.

14. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I thought his name was Edward? Boy, that guy really wanted fame and celebrity.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

It's simple. He's a traitor.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

But he also revealed traitors.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

U.S. court: Mass surveillance program exposed by Snowden was illegal

(Reuters) - Seven years after former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden blew the whistle on the mass surveillance of Americans’ telephone records, an appeals court has found the program was unlawful - and that the U.S. intelligence leaders who publicly defended it were not telling the truth.

In a ruling handed down on Wednesday, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit said the warrantless telephone dragnet that secretly collected millions of Americans’ telephone records violated the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act and may well have been unconstitutional.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...s-illegal-idUSKBN25T3CK?utm_source=reddit.com

NorrisAlan likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Like a fine whine.

TennTradition likes this.
  19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

[​IMG]