Elon Musk is in “Bonkersland”?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, May 25, 2018.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yup. I'm envious. He gets to do stuff I only dream of getting to do.

VolDad and zehr27 like this.
  2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

People are handling the news well

CardinalVol and A-Smith like this.
  3. CardinalVol

This has been a glorious meltdown of the blue-check brigade.

4. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

It's insane. I mean, the guy's not some right or left extreme ideologue. If he does end up buying it how does it suddenly become some nefarious platform?

I get he's a free speech absolutist so the biggest potential change would be inclusion of much more "questionable" content to ALL ideologies. There could be a wild west feel to it, but that's the give and take with absolutes. I think it likely puts more onus on individuals to manage the content they see.

Twitter never was and likely never will be representative of the larger population anyway. No one is forced to use it.

A-Smith likes this.
  5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Twitter under Elon, I imagine, would become just mobile friendly Reddit, where there is a place for anyone to say anything.

For people who invested in this thing, I could see the dislike.

I don't use Twitter, so I don't care. I felt the same when Facebook targeted to everyone, and left the college only scene. I didn't use Facebook, so I didn't care.

6. cpninja

cpninja Member

Saudis dont seem happy at the offer

7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I think they spent about 3 minutes laughing at the offer and went to the next item of business.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i question whether he really has the financing in order to do this

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Guy can’t even get his Tesla doors to fit flush, but he thinks he’s going to improve Twitter?

I’m skeptical.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i just read it. there is nothing in his offer about financing. feels very out of his ass

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

FYP

droski likes this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

People are stupid

IP likes this.
  13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

And yet... I wouldn't bet against him.

I don't think he wants it, and I think this gives Twitter an out, but if they called him, I bet he covers.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm sure he could find the financing. i just wonder if he's serious.

15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

The guy has done/funded some pretty great things but the knob sucking and worshiping of him is stupid. Everyone talking about how he is playing everybody and has them in a vise brings back memories of 4D chess claims. Elon is an attention seeking whore. Fortunately, his whoring has led to some good things, but he is a whore, and this is nothing but exhibit ZZ in him talking out of his ass with no real intention or plan while to get a weeks' worth of news cycle time on a complete non-event.

16. CardinalVol

He's a fantastic troll who just so happen to be worth 265.1 billion dollars and can therefore troll to incredible levels.

zehr27 and justingroves like this.
  17. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

He's definitely a whore. I'd rather he remain focused on renewable energy/storage and space exploration. I'm trying to figure out if this Twitter play is somehow related to the above or just another of his trolls.

18. CardinalVol

If I had his money, I'd say I would give UT $10 billion for the school and $1 billion for the AD, but on the stipulation that they tear down the Summit statue, take down all the Lady Vol stuff in TBA, take her name off the floor, and that I would pay for a 1,000 seat gym for them to play their game in just to see the fallout.

justingroves and droski like this.
  19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

If I had his money, I’d never been seen again.

20. CardinalVol

I'd want to have too much fun with it by screwing with morons.