Elon Musk is in “Bonkersland”?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, May 25, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Right. He sets out with a predetermined angle of taking the piss out of something. But the world is never black and white.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yep. Anything they can leverage against Tesla, they could say about every factory job. But it's focused on Tesla, because they are today's bogeyman.

Don't get me wrong, I want everyone to be safe. But this is becoming a witch hunt.

gcbvol likes this.
  3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you get that when you consistently over promise and under deliver though.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Tennessee can.

2Maggitt2Quit and justingroves like this.
  5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I doubt he writes any of that stuff.

6. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I'm sure you're right, but some of the source material his writers use is highly questionable.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Which is good for stopping the accidental declass from spreading; which is not the journalists fault, but theirs, for accidentally declassing something.

It’s CYA, and his tweet is framed as protecting the journalist; it isn’t for that reason.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ah, I see what you are saying.

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Something doesn't have to be classified to be subject to ITAR

10. fl0at_

And what published material by a journalist with a pen and paper, armed with memory, and maybe a handheld recorder, is going to violate ITAR?

If it has made it’s way into the hands of a journalist, in the first place, control has been lost.

It’s CYA.

11. gcbvol

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I bet billions could fix a micropenis.

gcbvol likes this.
  13. gcbvol

I think that's a bet you'd win. One more:

IP likes this.
  14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Anything could. There's conversations I can't have if a foreign national is in earshot due to ITAR restrictions. Most of the time it isn't even classified. I have to take the damn training every year. It's incredibly easy to violate ITAR. Of course it's CYA, nobody wants to go to rape me in the ass prison.

15. fl0at_

But Musk is framing the review as a cover for the person writing, and not as a cover for his employee that violated, and then trying to take the high road.

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

No ITAR is only an issue if it gets foriegnly release. I could have a conversation with you and be fine. I could have that same conversation with you and Joseph Peabody from the UK and violate ITAR.

17. fl0at_

You seem to be struggling here.

Let’s say you have a business, subject to ITAR, and allow a journalist on site, who publishes something that is read in Britain.

Who is in trouble?

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Journalist. However it's a bad look for you as well and could certainly cost you future business. Like I said it's definately a CYA move but not baseless. You seem to be struggling with the concept that ITAR isnt just classified information.

19. fl0at_

How is it on the journalist? Who has no ITAR compliance governance, no current defense contract and no related defense knowledge.

I’m calling bullshit.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know Float, but I am interested in hearing lumberjack out because I am getting the impression that he knows what he is talking about.