Elon Musk is in “Bonkersland”?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, May 25, 2018.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed. Create their own ticketing system and sell out places that don't use Ticketmaster (I know there is very few but it would be a start).

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Or just file a lawsuit that the contracts run afoul of antitrust law.

warhammer and NorrisAlan like this.
  3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That would work too.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Jack Dorsey is back with a Twitter alternative - Bluesky

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Read the terms of service, [uck fay] that. I read twitter and spoutible, not going to bother with bluesky unless it becomes the dominant one.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Never even heard of that one. I'm so behind on this stuff, and I don't know that I care. I'm definitely not interested in twitter 2.0. It took me years to get Twitter to where I kind of like using it.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Spoutible is so similar in function to twitter that you can just pick it up. The only thing holding it back is that sports media hasn't established itself over there, for me.

warhammer likes this.
  8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Dorsey admits that he made mistakes at Twitter. It will be interesting to see how 2.0 is different.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Terms of service suggests it really isn't a public platform but rather a content incubator. They own anything posted.

10. cpninja

cpninja Member

The TOS does not seem that different than Twitter, Facebook, etc in regard to your content. You grant any of these services a perpetual license to your content to do whatever they want with it(within the confines of/relating to "the service"). Even the 8th's terms&rules link says it has "permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service". I think Bluesky's TOS is a little more verbose but it doesnt seem like it grants them any more content ownership outside of the context of "the service" than the other social media platforms do but I'm not a lawyer(or even an armchair one)

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Hopefully it gets further refined like a first draft so they can have an open beta. Because if not that dog won't hunt.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

13. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Lol

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Musk working really hard to bury the family wealth stuff.

15. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Maybe that’s why he bought twitter to begin with.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I take it you believe the emerald mine stuff?

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

He was the one who said it first, years ago.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

https://www.snopes.com/news/2022/11/17/elon-musk-emerald-mine/

Snopes references his mine talk back in 2009 and 2014. That is what I remember. Musk started this "rumor." And he repeated it, then began rejecting it when it was being raised in a way that he didn't like regarding his success. Now we are told he arrived in Canada completely independent but also received thousands from his family but also funded his own way through school (and when it comes to billionaire origin stories, now 100k in student loans is SYNONYMOUS with "paying your own way through school").

I am confident that a non med school graduate with 200k (100k in 1993 dollars) would get laughed at, not lauded as paying their own way. Hero worship.

Maybe it is just a matter of perspective. If my brother gave me 10,000 and my dad gave me 40,000 (adjusting for inflation) I wouldn't think i did it all on my own.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

And now he is erasing it from the internet, so we will see how long the nyt 2009 and his 2014 mention of it survive.