Eric Berry weekend

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 13, 2023.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I was a student two of his seasons at Tennessee, you couldn't find a more humble, down to earth athlete at Tennessee at the time, other than Chris Lofton.

Poppa T and SetVol13 like this.
  3. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

He met cancer over the middle

Poppa T likes this.
  4. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

It's Berry's effect that the DBs sealed the game for us.

Hire this man immediately.

Memtownvol, ole_orange and NorrisAlan like this.
  5. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Berry was one of those rare players good from day 1. He had like a 95 yd pick 6 at UF as a FR. And you know how we choke there. Numerous power hits including making Tebow feel it. Just a head hunter and ball hawk. Needed no coaching

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I still remember Kiffin coming in 2009 and saying no one had their job guaranteed, you had to earn it under the new boss.......except for Eric Berry. He's our starting safety.

utvol0427 likes this.
  7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Eric Berry and Janzen Jackson could not have been two better safeties to have that particular year to execute Monte Kiffin’s famed Tampa Two defense. Those two prowling the secondary together were the driving force of any success we had on that side of the ball in 2009. I remember Monte being so impressed with Eric Berry’s awesomeness that he was emphatically on record saying as someone who coached legendary HOF NFL safeties he literally thought that EB should be the number one pick in the entire draft. He thought that highly of him.

Monte’s scheme didn’t translate nearly as well to the college game when he went to the PAC 12 and no longer had two All American caliber head hunting ball hawks keeping everything glued together

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I've always wondered when we are in the middle of a coaching search and that "special" portion of our fan base starts seriously throwing former players with no coaching experience out as options that he isn't named. If I were forced to make a list of players I'd want coaching here, he'd probably be an easy number one.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's a recluse, though

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

After years in the NFL and making bank, I would be a damn recluse, too.

VOLinDAWGland and Memtownvol like this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, he's bought a few nice cars and his parents a house and disappeared from the public

Memtownvol likes this.
  12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I kinda am one too tbh

13. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Looks like he likes reggae.