Eugene & Autzen Stadium

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by awebb7, Oct 24, 2012.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It's outragiously expensive. In addition to the green fees they require you get a personal caddy and apparently they expect big tips. I don't play golf, but used to do financing work for golf courses and happened to do a job for bandon dunes. It's very pretty and very in the middle of nowhere. It's really a trip by itself.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I bet for either 12:30 or 5pm start. If gruden is on board, probably 5pm since it will be a major event.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  3. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Well, from the news starting to leak out, looks like I'm going to the Oregon game. Can't wait!

4. TimRoo

TimRoo Member

Spent a couple of days in Eugene last year. Beautiful campus. I stayed at a B &B called Excelsior Inn, more or less on campus. Nice place. I'd guess the incoming duck fans know about it and book it early, but I haven't checked that specific weekend.

My experience is that they were some of the friendliest people in the country, same as when I encountered some when they played in Knoxville a couple of years ago. And I'd definitely recommend Portland and/or Seattle while you're nearby. About a three hour drive from Eugene to each. No point going to the furthest point in the continental US from Knoxville and not staying a while.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

respectfully tim, travelling fans, in particular those that travel thousands of miles, are almost always the best of the fanbase. they have more money, they tend to be better educated, they are in enemy territory and therefore will tend to mouth off less, etc. Expect bad fan behavior and prepare for it. Just like you would for georgia or lsu. My $.02

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  6. TimRoo

TimRoo Member

Fair enough droski. I'd expect some isolated incidents with Vol fans coming back with bad stories (there's no place in the US without its jerks), but I'd guess the duck fans are going to save the vitriol for their rivals, the same way SEC fans do.

But I guess those who go will ultimately find out the truth for themselves.

7. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

I can help you with that.. How many you need and do you need to do any extra entertaining??? HA!