Expectations/Predictions for 2020

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Now the B10 is acting like they want to join with the pac 12. So they want the Rose Bowl over being in the playoffs.

That's stupid as hell.

hohenfelsvol and justingroves like this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Didn't they [itch bay] about the Rose Bowl during the old BCS negotiations too?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

this is really a return to historic regional norms, and the perfect excuse to get away from having to play and beat southern teams in order to claim a national championship. this may not all snap back together as easily as it has come apart after this is over.

Memtownvol likes this.
  4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It's a cluster.

The B10 really thought the SEC and ACC would fold because they called it quits.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They overestimated their value and self worth

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Especially since testing and Myocarditis was the reason to cancel.

If Southern Miss and Northern Alabama can figure out testing, the B10 can did it. Especially since the federal government told them they'd give them test.

The Myocarditis studies doesn't seem to show Covid being different than any other virus that can cause it too.

Seems like ego and politics is the only thing keeping the athletes from being able to play.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

FYP. When you talk about my Lions, get it right.

Just kidding, sort of.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That or put a bunch of tooth brushes in your driveway. It will scare the shit out of them.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It’s almost like sports journalists aren’t the best information source for medical matters

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

it was the penn state doctor guy who told the big 10 35% of athlete cases had myocarditis. it is really important for some people to say this was political, but it clearly was not between that revelation and the productive conversation with trump. if anything, them playing will be political.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Good. [uck fay] 'em.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Apparently he didn’t tell them that

Volst53 likes this.
  13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Really?

14. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

44 players unable to practice today.

Seems like we might have to adjust our expectations for some of these games to "just happy we're playing."

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's kind of been my expectation for this season in general

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That’s at every level man.

I had three players out the other night due to contact tracing due to taking a state required test in a computer lab.

17. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Probably better that it's going around now. Maybe no one left to infect by the time season rolls around.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

How are games unplayed due to infections going to be counted if one team is at a point that it can't field a team?

19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I can see this happening and it may not be a bad thing. If so, it will be interesting to see how far the decision makers take their self imposed balkanization.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I’d like to see it. I’d also like to see conferences shrink. Teams shouldn’t be traveling 1000 miles to play a conference game.