POLITICS Federal Judge in Texas Strikes Down All of ACA

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by JayVols, Dec 14, 2018.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am not sure what side you are on. You said that you were fine with taxpayers overpaying twice as much for the same goods and services because you love your Mama.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Seriously; you need an explanation. It was stated only a few post back.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes. How has "the opposite political spectrum" crippled medicare?

I think it was private interests that crippled medicare THROUGH political tools, but that isn't really here nor there in terms of you explaining what you are referring to.

4. cpninja

cpninja Member

I didn't say "crippled by republicans" or "crippled by conservatives" for a reason. There are more than enough people in both major political parties(and across the entire political spectrum) who would prefer the government be as inefficient and non-competitive with certain private alternatives as possible. One needs to only look back at the passing of the ACA to see that. To frame it as an issue of inefficiency that is simply inherent to government managed programs("after all who gives a shit, it is only our tax dollars") is ignoring the reality that certain political groups have worked to legislate that inefficiency into the system, specifically to get this exact outcome and reaction.

VolDad likes this.
  5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

As relates to my mom, I do.

That's not to say it can't be fixed.

Hell, "Gubmint" obscenely overpays for "hammers" and "toilet seats" in the military budget. Where's the equal outrage? The Constitution doesn't expressly mention funding for an army, navy, air force, or marines. In Article I Section 8 it calls for providing for the "general defense" of the country. Know what else is stated in Article I Section 8 that gives "Gubmint" the authority to spend more on defense than the other top 10 or 12 nations...combined? Providing for the "general welfare".

Let's stop grossly negligent defense spending on "Gubmint" defense forces because of the MASSIVE level of waste of our precious tax dollars and go to an all for-profit mercenary defense system. Eric Prince is rarin' to go with that.