File This Under "**** No".

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Unimane, Oct 9, 2013.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I know. I'm not fired up either. I just think it's fun. It's not for me, but if you like it, go for it.

2. JayVols

Speaking of acquired tastes, I hate coffee too.

And hockey is amazing live.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Don't be foolish. I was a pitcher and all we did was run distance. There is no woulda coulda. Nobody wanted to run track because chicks didn't care. I was trying to get trou. I don't tell anyone I coulda run track. It sucked and nobody was getting trou.

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Agreed wholeheartedly on both counts. I'm an NHL season ticket holder, and I've never finished a cup of coffee.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Live hockey is fantastic. They move fast as hell, hand eye coord is off the charts and they mash one another. It's compelling.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yeah, but you didn't compete. My grandmother jogs 5k a day. And, someone hasn't been familiarized with track chicks. I never had trouble with the girls.

7. Unimane

Coffee sucks, I agree, although I've never been able to get into hockey, even live. I can't pinpoint why, because I actually wanted to like it. Maybe there's a detail or nuance I'm missing that will trigger the interest for me, though.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Iirc, chicks loved the pasty distance runners. Good call.

For the record, I competed year round and in sports against the other school's best athletes. Most didn't have the problems your school had, where all the best athletes ran cross country and fell back on coulda.

9. JayVols

The first live hockey I saw was Rangers/Islanders in Madison Square Garden. There was a bench clearing brawl in the 1st period (pre no leaving the bench rules). The ice looked like Hiroshima post Little Boy.

So I was hooked from then on.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Yeah foreplay is better than sex. Another lie told by the media.

11. Unimane

I think you must have responded to me by mistake because none of these apply to me. And, for the record, most of our best athletes played basketball, as did I.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Had I known you went to Oak Hill, I woulda coulda shoulda laid off.

I coulda played basketball only and run cross country unbelievably successfully, but I didn't. I coulda, regardless.

13. Tar Volon

First game I went to was Boston/Tampa in the new Garden. It was 8-1 Boston, but I was hooked anyways. As soon as I moved to the Raleigh area, I bought a season ticket package. On TV, it's clearly inferior to football, and maybe basketball too, but when you're there, it's up there with the very best.

14. Tar Volon

I don't know what to tell you. I've only ever took one person to a game (including several non-sports fans) who wasn't able to get into it. And that was my mother, who doesn't like any sports. I guess it's one of those taste things, but I don't know that I can isolate what it is that hooked me on it.

15. Unimane

Of course, the only basketball program is in Oak Hill. i have directions, if you want them.

Your whole premise is that, if one doesn't compete in an organized activity, they are, implicitly, unable to handle that activity. Don't worry, this country is full of fat asses who couldn't handle a race around the block.

16. Unimane

Sometimes, during practice, we used to throw around a football. I should be QB for the Packers.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

My premise is that you didn't play football though it was available and you "obviously" had the talent to do so. I'm correlating that with liking soccer and claiming it to be physical.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

See, no you didn't play football with that world of talent. I pitched for my HS, the best legion team in TN and in college. There is no coulda here sabanholio. And, I did play football. I don't have to tell anyone what I might have otherwise done. Most don't assume me feminine.

19. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I do it because soccer fans are so easily riled about their sport.

And eff all you tea drinking coffee haters.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Exactly. The defensiveness about "the greatest game in the history of the universe" is awe inspiring.