Finding Hitler

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, May 17, 2018.

1. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Love!!!!!!!

2. OrangeEmpire

Then the lead guy is a regular expert on CNN. Just makes it all that more fabulous.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Or, it wasn't really him...

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I've only seen a few episodes. That scene was the breaking point for me. I went from trying to ignore it on my phone to full on making fun in front of the wife. I don't to cast her as a believer, but she hates it when I like holes in things she likes to watch.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

“Tales of the gun” was great tv on the history channel.

Sad to see what it and the discovery channel has went to

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

BTW - I love conspiracy theories. Legit, love’em. I think, in general, they’re fun to talk about, examine and consider.

I don’t automatically discount them, or those who espouse or enjoy talking about them, at all.

The only one I’m nearly certain of is JFK, but even then, I can admit that it is possible that something could come out about it and make me reconsider even this deeply held belief. I don’t think any such evidence exists, and believe it to be highly, highly improbable that such could come to light (as it’s now non-existent), but if something did come out, I’d gladly consider it. Hell, I’d welcome it, even.

There’s about as much chance of any proof coming out which made me believe that there was a conspiracy to kill JFK as there is that other evidence could be produced to make IP question evolution. It’d have to be that unexpected and extraordinary. But I’d welcome it, if it did.

The problem with conspiracy theories is that so many are just so terrible, flimsy and far-flung as to be too easily disproven, IMO.

But I don’t hate them, or those who believe them, so long as they’re being honest in what lead to that belief, and aren’t causing any harm to anyone in continuing it.

IP likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I love them, but the only one I believe is that flight 93 may have been shot down.

CardinalVol and A-Smith like this.
  8. chef65

chef65 Contributor

It seems as if the last time I flipped to History and found something like Modern Marvels I had bald nether regions.

The same can be said for Animal Planet and Discovery. There has to be a circle of hell devoted to shows about dogs and hopeless gold mining expeditions.

9. OrangeEmpire

IP likes this.
  10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Wife's hunting DB Cooper today. At least he's not been found at some point.

11. OrangeEmpire

Love me some DB Cooper.

12. Tenacious D

Is that the flight that went down in PA, or the Pentagon?

I’ve never looked at either of them, but would like to. This seems to have one big advantage - it’s a pretty straightforward series of events.

1. People are flying planes into buildings.
    2. We scramble fighters quick enough to engage secondary waves of planes.
    3. We’re certain that it will crash into something of great importance if not stopped.
    4. Nothing suggests it will stop, without lethal interception.
    5. Non-lethal means of interception cannot be reasonably employed.
    6. Lethal interception is authorized and used.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I believe a witness/es would have heard/seen shots fired at the plane is so

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Right. It requires no secret knowledge, secret actors, or supernatural aspect. The only difference from the narrative of record is what actually caused the plane to go down. All the phone calls from victims and their attempt to take back the plane are entirely possible. I'll even go so far as to say it's possible authorities knew their attempt failed and then ordered it shot down.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Doubtful depending in how high it's flying.

This is one I do believe, and although it's sad, those people aboard were dying one way or the other.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

How?

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I tend to believe it was shot down

Joseph Brant likes this.
  18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I see no reason to believe it was shot down. The narrative that has been given seems completely plausible to me.

Ssmiff likes this.
  19. Tenacious D

Is it possible that someone could have seen it actually shot down? Yes, it is.

Is it likely? No. And it’s far less likely that anyone would have witnessed it if guns, and not missiles, were used.

Does the absence of any eyewitnesses who saw it being shot down mean that it wasn’t shot down? No.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Knew a few people involved with the cleanup that had apparently done it for crashes before and their opinion was that the debris was way more widespread than a typical plane crash. That's far from a smoking gun, but just wanted to add that to the discussion.