First-Ballot HOF For My Homeboy Randy Moss

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Feb 6, 2018.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Get your 84 jerseys out.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would have been pissed if he wasn't a first ballot hall of famer

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah he was a baller.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Probably the best ever. I know Rice has the numbers, but Moss was insane when he wanted to get after it.

kidbourbon and justingroves like this.
  6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

When he wanted to get after it is the key word, and also doesn’t make him the best ever.

Rice is the best of all time because he got after every single second he was playing the game. What he lacked in Moss’s sheer athletic abitly, he more that made up with hard work, ridiculously brutal offseason trading and complete and total commitment to being the best. He outworked everybody.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'd take Moss over Rice if I'm building a team.

That's not a knock against Rice, but Moss totally changes how the defense has to play you.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’m taking Rice.

I know what I’m getting every single time he puts his uniform.

I don’t have to worry about him taking plays off and I don’t have to deal with all the antics off the field.

chavisut likes this.
  9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think Rice is the true definition of a professional, and Rice is the greatest possession wide receiver to play the game.

Moss keeps you up at night on game planning though if you're a coach, and changes the way that you play defense.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I take Moss. I take others before Rice too.

Rice benefitted heavily from playing in a system that changed football and with HoF QBs.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'd honestly have a hard time taking Rice over Owens as well. What he was able to do on some of those teams he played on is really incredible.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Megatron, too.

bigpapavol and NashVol11 like this.
  13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

No way I’m taking TO over Rice.

I’m not taking TO over anybody. While a great player (and deserved HoFer), he’s not worth putting up with the shit that comes along with him. The Eagles and Cowboys felt the same way.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Johnson or Rice, now that’s an interesting dilemma.

15. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Yeah, he played in a more pass-friendly era, but he forced defenses to double- or triple-cover him, much like Moss.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He also made both of those teams relative, while having little to nothing around him.

I'll take a guy that will sign a medial waiver to play in the super bowl and basically play on one leg and still can't be covered, while being the only threat.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The Eagles sent him packing with two months left and the Cowboys took a 9 million dollar cap hit to get rid of him.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

No love for Brian Westbrook. Ouch.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He was a really good running back

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He was kind of a gadget guy, though. The receiver group for TO's one year there was pretty weak.