fixable plays

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Ssmiff, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Then how are you handling today to prep for Georgia. Need solutions. Coaches and players cant wallow in it.

2. Ssmiff

Multiple ones built up and late hits on the qb. With the helmet and at the knee. Just a frustrating night all around.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Like pre-hydration is always necessary, this next five weeks we need to pre-lubricate.

Ssmiff likes this.
  4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I’d start by accepting the lion’s share of the blame and vowing to put the players in better position. Also letting them know I expect better execution across the board next week. Then I’m benching Kongbo and his one tackle on the season as well as Richmond. Move Bumphus to RT and see if he can play. If not, let a young guy split reps with Chance Hall. Bryce Thompson and Alontae are my starting corners going forward. Shamburger out on special teams. Chandler at KR with explicit instructions to down all end zone kicks. Get one of the speedy young WRs at PR and have him pretty much only do that.

I’d also be talking Friend and Weinke (I would think mostly Weinke) about RBs finding the hole. Figure it out or be replaced. Banks is carrying a ball around campus all week.

woodshed, Memtownvol and Ssmiff like this.
  5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Right before that, we threw a pass down the seam and the DB was beat and looked like he grabbed a handful of jersey.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Title of the thread is fixable plays, but what about fixable players?

7. Ssmiff

Id love to play all the young guys. Problem is full blown mutiny may happen.

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Who cares if they guys who aren't contributing gets pissed. I'd honestly rather have to have walk-on tryouts to fill a team than have a bunch of soft quitters getting time over younger guys at this point.

reVOLt, awebb7 and NorrisAlan like this.
  9. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Those guys are still in high school.

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Neither team last nite was good. The boxscore will show that much.

UF had bad plays that were just bad plays.
    Our bad plays were armageddon level.

11. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I’m honeslty not too concerned with the feelings of these players. It’s obvious that their mentality is losing. Play the young guys. Lose the old ones. Who cares at this point.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

If that's what it was, I'm glad he did.

13. Ssmiff

yep. Only reason I wouldn't want to is not enough bodies.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What was the deal with running one WR sets and having 3 career receptions Tyler Byrd as the wideout?

15. Ssmiff

my numbers aren't right, but if he's played 50 plays the last 2-3 games, every play has been a run.

16. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Having the players fixed seems extreme, but we can't run the risk of having their legacies play here. Good thinking.

kptvol, Ssmiff and NorrisAlan like this.
  17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Almost. He was the lone WR in the Austin Pope fake touchdown pass play.

18. Ssmiff

if we run that again, I say we don't give it to Cody Pope. All that fish has made him slow.