Flipping the Subject: Worst Sports Event/Memory you've seen in person

Discussion in 'Sports' started by volfanbill, Jun 25, 2012.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I was in the exact same boat. The Auburn game was also the worst tickets I'd ever gotten to a game. Lower deck last row up (Although not being able to see the scoreboard that game was actually a benefit.)

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

'96 Memphis

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

We had eight tickets together for the Auburn game. Between cops and being too drunk, two of us made to that game. Then, Cadillac and Ronnie happened.

4. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Went to see Wisconsin play SW Missouri St in Charlotte in the '99 tourney. Wisconsin lost 43-32. 12 points in the 1st half. Miserable.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think I could have sat through that HH.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Eh, they beat UT by 30 in the next round. It was just an awful to watch.

7. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I haven't seen many disappointments in person. I do remember most of the ones stated though.
    04- Notre Dame was a killer. I expected to lose to Auburn.
    05- Florida was a gut-wrencher for me because I looked at the way we played against UAB as just looking over them. I still thought we were NC material, then Urban Meyer happened.
    06- LSU. If the refs catch Jamarcus Russell fumble, we win that game.
    07- Cal, Florida and Ainge in the SECCG
    08- UCLA and Auburn. Nuff said
    09- Outside of UCLA, nothing really disappointed me (Kiffin leaving really disappointed me)
    10- LSU and UNC
    11- Florida (thought it was our year to get them) SCAR (Da'Rick's drop sent me into a profanity laced tyrade in section Z11), and UK was just embarrassing

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

1. '01 SEC Championship
    2. '01 Georgia
    3. '11 Kentucky
    4. '05 Vanderbilt
    5. '00 Florida

9. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

'05 Carolina was probably it for me. Filing out of the stadium, the realization struck that things really were pretty bad and they probably weren't going to get better any time soon. Looking back, I think that is when I heard the death knell.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I take it only two of us were in attendance for the 96 Memphis game. If you were there, there is no way any loss could be worse, and I have sat through every one of these mentioned in this thread except for the two Peach Bowls.

11. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

bama 9-6 in 1990.

Beating UF 45-3 the week before was pretty fun though. Lots of great memories from that year ... outside of the 9-6 game.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I watched it at my eventual college roommate's house with his dad. Funny, we watched that together and also got to see Vandy 05 in the stands together.

13. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I do remember getting so pissed with the Memphis game that I left. Got curious and turned the radio on for all of five seconds before I turned that off to. I sit through everything to the end. All those tumultuous Fulmer years at the end, the rain game, the Orange Bowl, I'm 0-3 at FedEx Field seeing my Redskins play and always stayed. But I wanted no part of watching that Memphis game.

14. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

In person, it would have to be Auburn in 08 and 09 and Wyoming in 08.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The 08 Wyoming game was just miserable. I was fully in the "Fulmer's Time Is Up" crowd, but that was just miserable. I hated to see it all go down the way it did. Just a depressing few days that came to a head with that debacle.

16. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

I can't remember what the halftime score was now, but I knew it was already over. That was about as miserable as I have ever been at a game. I'm not sure why I even went.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I was at least paid to go to that one

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Surprised no one mentioned the time Jody Meeks scored 160 points against us in TBA.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I thought it was 220.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ugh. I was there for the Meeks game. People use the phrase "it felt like a nightmare" too much but that was exactly how it felt.