Florida 2-9-19

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by JohnnyQuickkick, Feb 9, 2019.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Dukes gonna jump us if they win, wait and see.

Honestly kinda hope it happens.

zehr27 likes this.
  2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Wouldn’t be the worst thing to happen

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The committee already named them the current number one overall seed. Doesn’t make a lot of sense, but also doesn’t really matter.

4. CardinalVol

I want a chip on our shoulder heading into Rupp.

A-Smith, zehr27 and IP like this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's all irrelevant. Tennessee completely controls destiny. If they win out, their SOS will have sky-rocketed.

6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Today was the first game I've attended in TBA since I was in grade school and I'll say that we have an awesome pre-game atmosphere, not sure how it stacks up with others since the only other conference foe I've been to is Vanderbilt (and it absolutely crushes Vandy's sorry atmosphere) but pretty cool experience. Glad to walk away saying we didnt lose because I was present in the gym tonight.

Whip the cocks on Wednesday and set up for a showdown in Rupp. We will soon see where this team really is in the last 6 out of 7 with some tough road games and a couple of tough home games slated to end the season.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The checker thing and Florida had folks ready to go. Normally most folks aren’t there until the first media time out seems like but I couldn’t get my usual parking at 2:30 which is unusual, and for the student section to be full by an hour before is unusual

8. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Yeah we got there when the gates opened and pretty good line at all entrances.

9. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

We’ve suffered long enough... after a decade plus of athletic futility, it’s once again great to be a Tennessee Vol... I can’t wait for spring practice to begin.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If we win out we deserve to be a 1 seed no matter what happens in the SECT.

justingroves likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's no way Duke jumps us this week, right? Not with the UK game to pump up?

If it wasn't for that, I fear they would. Which is ridiculous.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think they'll siphon some votes, but we'll still be #1, I'm sure. We haven't lost since November. It'd be hard to justify dropping us now.

13. CardinalVol

Its Duke. They beat UVA on road. Media will pull out their shuchefskee centerfold, do their business, then put duke 1, statistical anomoliy shooting night be damned.

Also, going ahead and calling UNC over UVA tomorrow night.

IP and A-Smith like this.
  14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I kind of hope they do. It will get us fired up for the UK game and take away the shine of beating #1 for UK. Also I agree with NC over Virginia. Virginia has not impressed me at all after watching them against Duke twice.

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Looking ahead to seeding, we really just need to be #2 going into the tournament to get the top seed in the South. The ACC champ is going East.

The biggest trick is going to be finishing ahead of Kentucky. I think we’re going to need to either sweep them or go 1-1 with an SECT title, or else we run serious risk of them passing us