Florida Pre-Game Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Feb 24, 2013.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Might as well get it going because if you are like me it's been on your mind nonstop for about 15 hours now.

Frazier going down yesterday means that Florida is essentially with 6 men of it's regular rotation and will need to bring in a couple of others to fill the spots. Our 4 OT game may be offset by their lack of depth.

Biggest game of Cuonzo's tenure.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

And it's against the one team he seems to know how to beat. As good a chance as we have all season for a marquee win.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do you really think the 4 OT's will be affecting them still on Tuesday? I don't think it will factor at all.

4. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I think it could with the short turn around(twice in a row actually) plus flying back from TAMU.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

When I was a teenager, I used to have cross country practice, go home and then play 2 hours of basketball at the gym. I was dead tired at 9 PM, but I was fine for the next day to do it again. I think they'll be fine, physically.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

They were home by Saturday night. So that gives them two solid days of rest and 3 nights of sleep. They should be fresh.

7. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

You would think but you see it all the time after short turn arounds and long games.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think people just remember the losses after short turn-arounds, and not the wins. When they win, no explanation is required. When a team plays flat, everyone wants a reason/excuse. We've played flat more than a few times over the years without a short turn-around. And I remember the excuse then: out of rhythm, too long of a break.

9. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

They'll be fine. They are conditioned for this, we have top notch trainers and nutritionists to aid recovery. I don't think the 4OTs will be a factor. The biggest factor will be Florida's injuries and our sold out house. They'll be pumped and ready to go.

10. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

After 4 OT's (on the road) can't over emphasize the significance of playing @ hm (vs. away). Too, 'Zo (in past gms) has planned well for FL, nonetheless to win will require our best play of this current (5-0) run.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Totally depends on how Cuonzo and staff treat today and tomorrow IMO.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Light practices

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Jarnell Stokes ‏@JarnellStokes
    Our seniors only have 2 home games left & we need sellouts. I know the best fans in the country won't miss out on Super Tuesday!!!

14. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I don't think we're going to play better than we did against Kentucky.

15. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Don't have to play a perfect game to win, but we need the 3 players (Golden, McRae, and Stokes) that have been carrying us, to have good games. Gonna be a tough game against a good team, and still have to play well to win, but this team is playing tough right now.

16. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

TBA will be absolutely rocking tues night. Can't wait!

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Someone send a jet to Jonesboro for me.

18. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Of the 5-0 run, Kentucky was our best play, to beat FL we will need that level of play again. Frazier out is big.

19. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Tuesday will be my first Tennessee basketball game.

20. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I hope - a lot harder to get people out on a Tuesday night compared to a Saturday.