Franco Hates Kevin Stallings™ Vandy v. UT Game Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by lylsmorr, Jan 23, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

He got poked in the eye very early. That's the second time I remember him getting poked in the eye and not getting on his game. Happened earlier this year, very early.

Ssmiff likes this.
  2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Most teams would have given up or pouted. It's a shot to the gut when a team does what Vandy did several times.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

[uck fay] Vandy
    [uck fay] that shithole gym
    [uck fay] their fans
    [uck fay] the Drew family
    [uck fay] Kevin Stallings, still

We’re out.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

They were getting us on the switch in unfavorable matchups for about 30 to 35 minutes, and then we corrected... but they kept hitting shots. Had we corrected sooner, maybe they don't get so hot or get so confident.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Reminder that kevin stallings looks like a giant penis.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I've no idea why I thought they were SEC East in that moment.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That wasn't a foul on Turner. Think they called body contact on Williams or just blew the call. Turner got all ball

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Admiral hasn't looked like Admiral in at least two games on the run. Something is just off.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Uni I got to watch Grant vs Gonzaga and at Vandy in some good seats and couldn't believe how quick grant was off the floor compared to everyone else. TV does him no justice.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It's been a hot minute since I've heard the rim that loudly through the TV on a throwdown

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We play Kentucky, vandy, SC, Florida and mizzou twice this year.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Also, the height of his jumps isn't really captured well by the cameras. He really gets up there even when shooting a jump shot.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

that's one of the sickest dunks off an inbounds I've seen in a long time.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, [uck fay] Vandy

chavisut likes this.
  16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

This bunch needs a reset and refocus.

Just didnt care to see that tonite against that team.

Hats off to Williams. He carried the load and then stacked it for everybody on arrival.

IP likes this.
  17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Too much pressure on himself. Lots of scouts there tonight... trying to do too much.

utvol0427 likes this.
  18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Couple thoughts...

1. Bryce Drew may be only person in his family worth a shit.

2. Our ball screen defense against elbow sets is going to be exposed by other teams with what we put on film tonight. Adjust to that and we’ll be fine.

3. Some nights, some teams are just going to shoot lights out. Part of it was our doing defensively with over pursuit and losing guys, part of it was Vandy getting ina rhythm in that shithole they call an arena.

4. When you’re the best you have to withstand everyone’s best punch. This is something we are going to face the rest of the year. It’s only going to make us better in March.

5. Enjoy the shit out of this ride. For the last 20 years of UT fandom, this would have been a loss in another kick to the [penis] fashion. Not with this bunch.

6. And as George Cafego would say, “to Hell with Vanderbilt.”

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think this is officially the best start in Tennessee history now.

Tenacious D likes this.
  20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

It is.