Front Load Washer/Dryer

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Nov 24, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Looking to get one this weekend. Any preference of the folks here? Probably going with LG, but wondered what first hand knowledge might bring me.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

We've had a few. LG and GE. Had luck with both. Just be very cautious loading and unloading in the washer. If you tear the rubber seal, then leaking will occur and they are a [itch bay] to put a new one on.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've had an LG washer and dryer for over 2 years with no complaints

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

All I know is that the Mrs. wants a steam dryer. I have no idea the difference, just know what what she wants so that's what we're getting.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hen pecked imo iyam jmo

6. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member

I've had a Frigidaire front loading washer and gas dryer for 2 years. They both work great.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Have had an LG front load w/d forb3 years. Have had zero issues.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Give her a slap on the rear and tell her you need a sammich.

Problem solved.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Similar to our story with the exception of a torn door gasket which was our fault.

10. vollygirl

vollygirl Guest

We looked at front loaders. Reminded me too much of the laundry mat so I got a top loader, HE "canyon capacity". I think ours is Kenmore. Couldn't pass us up the deal. And I LOVE it!

Our fridge is LG, french doors with freezer on the bottom. Love it too! I've never been disappointed in any LG product we've purchased.

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I've got a Frigidaire which is made by Electrolux and its been going strong for over 4 years now. I did have to replace a rubber boot (leaking) on the washing machine a few weeks ago. The part was 30 bucks and that's all i've ever had to do to it.