Fun game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 26, 2019.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

2. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Yes. Even if he didn’t it wouldn’t have been overturned because there wasn’t ‘conclusive evidence’ he stepped out.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes, it was close but I believe from the one replay that his left foot got down

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Threw for over 300, Jennings was a neast, Callaway PR for td and Bituli blocked punt and td recovery. Best total team game we have played in last few years imo.

hohenfelsvol and Memtownvol like this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Callaway had 3 catches for 108 yards, a td and returned a punt for a touchdown

Jauan Jennings had 7 catches for 174 yards and two touchdowns

Bituli tackled everything that moved and blocked a punt for a touchdown

South Carolina had two big plays offensively all night.

utvol0427 likes this.
  6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Thanks. We should do that more.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Would’ve been a lot worse if it weren’t for that busted first play and then the miracle catch before halftime

justingroves likes this.
  8. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I stayed to the very end of the game just to watch Muschamp walk off the field with his head tucked between butt. It was glorious!!!!!

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I watched on TV. Wife was ready to go to dinner but I said no; not until after I watch Muschamp walk off the field after shaking Pruitts hand.

10. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

They need to make him get stomach surgery. He's not going to be around much longer with all that weight.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What about the SC TD where it appeared that that the RB got most of his body across the plane, but had the ball in his left hand, which, on the Jumbotron replays, appeared to be short. Did he really score there?

12. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

On the 4th and goal play is the one I'm assuming you're talking about. It was close but it was really hard to see the ball there. By rule, since it was called a TD on the field, it was tough to overturn it because it wasn't really indisputable. I would argue that line judge shouldn't have ruled it a TD if he didn't know for sure he got across. If I remember correctly it took him a while to make up his mind there.

13. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

That review was quick, but when they took the TD back it was an extended review.
    Also, why were these refs just throwing up td’s whenever USC was within a few yards of the end zone? Way too fast on calling them.

warhammer and OneForVol like this.
  14. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I was thinking the same thing. Guess they thought they sweating to the oldies with Richard Simmons.

15. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

That one line judge gave them like 3 TDs that weren’t. Need to check his affiliation with USCjr.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This beating paired with a Notre Dame thrashing made for a good night.

17. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Please also remember Oklahoma, trifecta.

Volokie and Memtownvol like this.
  18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Icing on the cake. Wonder what type of cigar Hurts smoked after the game.

VolDad likes this.
  19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Pretty incredible environment in Neyland last night. There were a few moments that, with Sour Carolina backed up, in the north end zone it was so loud I couldn’t talk to the person next to me without yelling.

reVOLt, Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  20. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Gut feeling Shawn Elliott ends up back in Columbia next year. Suck it, Muschump.