Funny Tony Basilio Story

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by volfanjo, Mar 15, 2012.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Listening to Hat on the Basilio show brought back some good memories of calling into the show back in the day. It also reminded me of the first couple months at home with my daughter.

Basically I worked out my work schedule to be at work two days a week and could work from home the other three days when my daughter was only a few months old. My wife did the same on the opposite days so we avoided paying for daycare and got to spend more time with our daughter. Well, my daughter was a really terrible sleeper and I tried everything to get her to nap back in the day. One day I stuck her in the car, turned on Basilio, and magically, it worked... she fell asleep. So for the next few weeks from about 11-1 we drove around town listening to Basilio... head to South Knox one day, West Knox one day and so on. And she sleeps. Miracle of miracles.

But obviously it's lunchtime. I tried to sneak her out of the car and grab a bite somewhere and she would totally lose it, wake up, make a scene. It was terrible. So basically here was the solution. When Tony B had remotes (on location shows) we would show up, hang out, get lunch and the whole time she would sleep. We followed him to Hardees (both locations), Ponchos, Elidios... one day I stuck her in the grocery cart and hung out at Stovers, which if you know Stovers it isn't exactly a place for two month olds. It was totally ridiculous what I did to pacify her but I will remember those days fondly.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Someone needs to pass the story on to Basilio.

3. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Definitely. That's hilarious!

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Be my guest.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's great and I definitely know where you're coming from jo.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Tony would eat that up.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Hilarious.