Ginormous Games at Neyland

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 13, 2022.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Do what? That defense would have killed Weinke. It was Outzens ability to escape the rush that allowed that game to be close.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

They covered the win and goalposts being thrown in the river on the Today Show.

MWR, CardinalVol, A-Smith and 2 others like this.
  3. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

-A victory over the then #3 team in the country, not to mentioned our most hated historical rival? Check.

-An unbelievable record setting 5 TD performance by one of our star wide receivers? Check.

-A ridiculous QB duel where both opposing players put up Heisman numbers. Check.

-A game winning knuckleball kick that barely cleared the crossbar that led to fans storming the field and tearing down the goal posts while Dixieland Delight was trolling Alabama over the PA system?
    Triple check.

It's always been hard for any game to top '98 Florida in my brain, but this one did. I'm happy (and a bit envious) of those who got to experience it in person. Lifelong memories were made at that stadium Saturday night. Hell, I wasn't even at the game, but I'll always remember where I was and the experience of getting to watch everything unfold in realtime with my family.

Someone on Tony B's show the other night described this game as a "cleansing", and considering where this program has been the last 10-15 years that's about as perfect of a description that I've heard.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I, too, guard my Florida '98 experience religiously. It does seem like Saturday finally topped that one.

Duckman likes this.
  5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I was at both. This one topped it.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've said for 24 years that Florida game would never be topped.

I was wrong. Saturday got it.

Memtownvol, A-Smith, Poppa T and 2 others like this.
  7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

In the span of 15 seconds, faith in Tennessee football got restored on Saturday. Goalposts were promptly baptized. There's not a bigger win than that.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

And the world is different if the bama kicker kicks it 5 yards left…

utvol0427 likes this.
  9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[uck fay] Bama

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Because vols beat them in OT?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

The world certainly is different without a bullshit pass interference call. Or a fumbled exchange scoop and score. Or if Bru pulls down that pass at the half that was in his hands.

12. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

But he didn't. Losers!

13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

No. Sir. Ree.

Poppa T likes this.
  14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Would also be a lot different if we didn’t have to read your moronic drivel

The Dooz likes this.
  15. Ssmiff

you would think about me while eating girly food on a piece of wheat.

16. dknash

dknash Chieftain

It looked like he kind of did a volleyball set instead of trying to catch it? Or maybe like a basketball tip-off? I think he wasn't in the endzone, but maybe by design?

17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Bobby Bowden agreed

Memtownvol and TDVol1989 like this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Had Tennessee taken Alabama to the Wall for 59 minutes and 45 seconds and then lost on a FG, the world would not be that different. UGA is the bigger game in terms of this season and the message would have been mostly intact. We thought we were going 8-4 if things went well.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  19. Ssmiff

Most of the country wouldn’t be cheering along with the W and the scene at the end of the game and after wouldn’t have been talked about for days by basically everyone. And we wouldn’t be in the title conversation as much, nor would Hooker have jumped in the Heisman race.
    And I wouldn’t have spent hours watching celebrations from the dude who tore his acl to Al Wilson taking it in with quite a buzz.
    And the 2024 class may not have bonded as much without rushing the field and top players committing to each other to commit to UT

VOLinDAWGland and Tar Volon like this.
  20. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

We haven't degun to see the positive ramifications from this game.

Nannerpuss, Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.