Good guy or idiot?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by droski, Apr 2, 2015.

Tags:
  1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

in southern California, where it never rains, people love their cars, and you can get illegals to basically do the job solely on tips, it's a huge money maker. what's the real cost? labor is basically free. I have a client who owns 3 car washes and clears $2 mil a year profit. he recently got an offer to buy them for 10 times what he paid for them 10 years ago. I've also heard the do it yourself car washes are huge money makers too because basically your only cost is water and the occasional maintenance. I do think his insurance is really expensive though. I should ask.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I was thinking about one of these. They can't be cheap to buy.

[​IMG]

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

2 mill a year profit is fantastic. I never would have thought a car wash could pull money like that.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm sure they aren't, but I bet they last 20 years at least.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that's all 3 combined, not per car wash, but it is pretty amazing. I imagine that southern California is a particularly profitable place for car washes though. I think he reuses a decent amount of his water too.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Walter White did it. That's my only experience with money laundering.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

There are some restaurants in town that are clearly only fronts. If you go in, they give you the stink eye and try to convince you to leave.

8. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

if i were to happen upon a large bag of money the first thought in my head would be steve miller singing, "go on, take the money and run..."

the second thought in my head would be anton chigurh saying, "you know how this is going to turn out, don't you?"

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the more I think about it the more I wonder if the security guards didn't "accidently" drop this bag and this guy screwed up their plan.

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Your 2nd amendment research is starting to make more sense.