Good Plan by Martin

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by LawVol13, Jan 7, 2012.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Doing an excellent job on florida's ball screen offense right now.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can we hold on?

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

How's that 9am start treating you in denver?

4. CardinalVol

Our press offense terrifies me.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

My roommate just mocked me for waking up just for basketball, if that tells you anything.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I hope this play isn't an aberration, but a sign of things to come next year.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Utter bullshit foul on Washpun. He was getting mugged and raked over for 3 seconds, and finally pushes back with his backside all while maintaining his dribble.

8. CardinalVol

I don't expect this for the next 2 months, but I think we will see it more in the future.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I also agree about the 2 months, thing. The situation hasn't magically changed. It just shows we have a coach with some scheming ability.

10. CardinalVol

With under 5 minutes left in the game florida has scored right at half of its season average. That deserves lots of respect.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

B-but, it started at 11 AM!

I had that bullshit sort of excuse.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

First fun I've had since the Cincy game. Good job Vols!

13. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I dont know a whole lot about b ball, but it seemed that our defensive plan of putting bodies between the ball handler and the goal worked to perfection today. Was nice to see such controlled energy from the guys and Maymon was straight ballin all day long. Great win

14. CardinalVol

Looking forward to the postgame report to hear about halftime entertainment. Got a text it was awesome. And by awesome I mean awful.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

First game my son watched. Pretty good one to start with

16. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

After all the shit games we've endured the last couple years in both football and basketball, it's nice to just get a damn win over a top 15 team. I could give two shits about anything else right now.

17. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

Spot on, Law. The ball screen defense was excellent. And on offense, we were -for the most part- patient and let things happen. Great game!

Can't wait to see what Stokes adds to the fold.

Go Vols!!

18. Vercingetorix

Vercingetorix Member

Let's hope that he doesn't turn out like my son in a couple of years, telling you it's okay during a football loss because we're better at basketball anyway. Ouch.

19. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

The exact words I screamed as I jumped to my feet from section 129. I then sat back down between my three year old and my mom. Sorry buddy. Sorry mom.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I hope the football team is fixed by then