Got to give him an A for creativity

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by droski, Oct 19, 2011.

Tags:
  1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's a shame they all were shot.

The guy could have left them for a zoo or something.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

People are nuts.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

My knee-jerk reaction was that shooting all these animals is wrong, but after reading the details I can see why it was out of the sheriff's hands.

Hopefully the giraffes and such were spared.

6. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

You'd probably need a .50 caliber rifle to take some of these animals down.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

And accurate as well. The only thing worse than a wild animal on the loose is a pissed off wild animal on the loose with a gunshot wound.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

looks like they at least tried:

Dangerous exotic animals deliberately freed in Ohio, officials say - latimes.com

"We just had a huge tiger, an adult tiger that must've weighed 300 pounds that was very aggressive," Lutz said. "We got a tranquilizer in it, and this thing just went crazy.

"We are not talking about your normal everyday housecat or dog. These are 300-pound Bengal tigers that we had to put down," Lutz said. "I gave the order ... that if animals looked like they were on their way out, they were put down.

“Public safety is our No. 1 concern," he said.

Lutz defended the killings, adding that in many cases there were no tranquilizer darts available to the 50 or so officials who sought the animals. After the animal release was discovered, he said, authorities were searching in Tuesday's growing twilight for black bears and big cats.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't blame them for shooting them all, it just sucks it had to be done.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I imagine volume fire of police-level weaponry would be enough to take them down. Not like they are elephants and rhinos.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Have they officially found the disease ridden monkey? Last I had heard they "said" the lions had eaten it, but I'm in the group not buying it.