Grammys

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JohnnyQuickkick, Feb 12, 2012.

Tags:
  1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don't get half the stuff the kids listen to these days, but for some reason I'm watching it. Hopefully they'll throw a 32-year-old rock n roll fan a bone at some point. The Boss kicking it off was pretty good.

2. Fleetwood1104

Fleetwood1104 New Member

foo fighters was a good touch. the only thing the first 30 minutes of the show taught me though is that you can be a drug addict for half your life and still get top billing and praised or you can beat the shit out of rhianna and and still get a big hyped up performance

3. Fleetwood1104

Fleetwood1104 New Member

they've been hyping this shit up more than a WWE PPV so i figure maybe there will be some surprise wardrobe malfunctions or something

4. JohnnyQuickkick

Foo Fighters definitely deserved that. I dig all those other bands but pretty much the only one of those that rocked was FF.

5. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

missed the foo fighters, what happened? they're one of my fav bands of all time. on another note i did see chris brown win a grammy. of course he said "first and foremost i want to thank God", i thought that was great, i'm sure he'll beat the hell out of someone tonight

6. JohnnyQuickkick

They (FF) won the grammy for Best Rock Performance up against Coldplay, Mumford & Sons, The Decemberists, and Radiohead. I respect all those bands, although Radiohead left me behind 15 years ago. They also performed "Walk" outside the arena under a tent. Guys still rock. I've liked their last 2 or 3 albums after they had a bit of a dry spell in the early 2000s.

No offense to Chris Brown's style of music but it's hard for me to distinguish between what's good and what isn't. Guy can dance I guess.