Guy pays to hunt Black Rhinos, gets death threats

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by emainvol, Jan 17, 2014.

1. I don't believe that 1/3 of fish thrown back die. I hope not, I always throw them back.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I don't know if 1/3 die or not, but I have never really gotten the point of catch and release. When I was a kid, fishing was as much or more about the food than the fun. If you do it and enjoy it, I'm not trying to gripe about it. I've done it once. I just felt a little silly.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Hah.

4. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Kill a bass and I'll kill you.

5. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I fish probably 250 days a year, and I hate eating fish. It's a good time killer. But anyhow, everything I catch goes back in, unless it's hooked bad, then I'll give it to somebody.

6. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Trout is one of few fish around here that can't handle catch and release, and it has a lot to do with human hands hurting their scales.

7. Joseph Brant

I go barbless when I trout fish, and try to keep them in the water if possible.

8. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Where I crappie fish, Lake Wiess, they have a 10" slot. It has helped get the crappie back to a good level. The problem we had was people coming in at night with nets and just wiping the population out. They were taking the fish to states where you could sell crappie. Wiess used to and is called the Crappie Capital of the World.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'll keep crappie and sauger and small catfish. That's all I care to eat. I like catching big bass, but I don't fish for them much anymore

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That's me to an extent. I don't fish all that much, but I try to stick to stuff I will eat.

I am a big fan of catch and release when it comes to carp, drum, etc.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Throw carp up on the bank. They displace and hurt native species. **** carp.

12. Joseph Brant

Pretty scary thinking of what they'll do to the great lakes when they make it, if they haven't already. The asian carp, of course.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

The lakes will never be the same.

And I don't see how we can stop them.

14. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I generally put them back, but my friends and I try to do a camping trip once a year on the Holston where we don't bring food and only eat what we catch, that's a lot of fun.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I hope you aren't saying you eat carp.

16. Joseph Brant

Hydrologic seperation has limited potential, but people will have a major fit before that ever happens, by when it'll probably be too late.

Even if they could fully implement a plan like that tomorrow, you're still only one good flood from a handful going over.

17. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Definitely not, just trout.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Exactly. And a good flood is just a matter of time anywhere.

19. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Douche and Turd

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I know people who do. I've never considered it.