halloween

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Ssmiff, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

one of my favorite days, as I start the winter weight gain. Share a good costume pic. This is still my alltime favorite. gump.jpg gump.jpg

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That picture is top notch and I wish I would have done that in college now.

3. Ssmiff

my wife tried to get me to ok my 14 and 17 yr old doing it and they go to the same school but thought the wheelchair would get them in trouble and piss off some kids or parents in a wheelchair.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'd say the jose bottle and shirtless would have been the big hang ups

Ssmiff likes this.
  5. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I've got no idea how much candy to buy, so I'll either be the asshole who runs out or eating chocolate until February.

6. Ssmiff

we haven't had a trick or treater since we moved here 15 years ago. I still go buy plenty of candy. You never know. But i'll put on 7-8 lbs between now and 12/1. Easily. I may keep track this year. So far not too much. Just 4 little boxes of nerds and 6 kit kat minnies.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I have had one trick or treater in the 15 years we have lived at our house. But we live on a dead end street with a BIG hill and 6 houses. Very little ROI.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If I still have candy left at the end when I'm ready to go in for the night, I give every bit of what's left to a random kid. Usually makes some kids night and I'm not stuck eating candy around the house making me fat.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Halloween is coincidentally the Cal mascot’s favorite holiday also

10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Put my 10.5 month old son in his wagon to take him around the neighborhood and see the decorations, and the damn kid fell asleep 10 minutes in.

[​IMG]

justingroves and NYY like this.
  11. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

0 trick or treaters. Will bring it all to work tomorrow

12. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I buy all the best candy. In living here 35 years, I have had 1 trick or treater and that was a nephew. Then, shamefully, I'm forced to eat the candy.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

223 trick o treaters last night.

14. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Wow. Only 17 here.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yeah, it gets a bit crazy. We're in one of those "destination neighborhoods" that has a lot of kids in it to begin with.

16. Ssmiff

The lack of sweet tarts and similar in my son's bag is absurd. How many mini kit kats went out last night? 50 million?

17. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I think we had 3.

18. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

We left out a basket full of snickers, butterfingers and kit-kats. It was 2/3 full when we got back home around 7.30.

That said... motion activated animatronic decorations terrify a 3yo. My son handled the witch on the gallows but lost it when a rat's eyes lit up red and started skittering towards him. Poor kid... he didn't talk to anyone for at least another 10 houses.

19. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

More than last year, by a bunch. I just put a bowl of candy out on the front porch and left the light on.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

we went to the brother in laws, so i turned off the light like an ahole. didn't get egged thankfully.

went trick or treating and then watched the dodger game. quite a night