Happy Fathers Day...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NYY, Jun 17, 2012.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

to all you dad's on the board. I have to say as someone who usually isn't very serious often, this day is always special to me. Especially now that I've got two Tricycle Motors myself. Hope you guys have a great day and we all have the privilege of watching our young ones have successful and healthy lives.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You too, my friend. The greatest honor I have had is to be called 'daddy' by my two little girls. Greatest feeling in the world.

I have told you guys about my dad, and what he meant to me. I have to give him a shout out: Pops, I miss you buddy. Thanks for everything.

3. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Happy Father's Day to you guys. Wife and my son brought me breakfast in bed. Great start to the day.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I still miss my dad, but having an awesome little boy that calls me daddy and asks me to play baseball, basketball, football, golf, cars and trains nonstop is just incredibke.

Happy father's day guys.

5. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Happy Fathers Day to all of you! Got to go see the Rome Braves last night. Great minor league venue to see a baseball game.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My wife has taught my son to say "da-da-da".

That was a badass father's day gift.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Awesome. Wait until he says "i love you."

8. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Then comes things like, Can I have some money? Can I have some money? Can I have some money? Did I say, Can I have some money yet?

9. CardinalVol

Mine still hasnt. He always says "i do too".

10. CardinalVol

I hung up my little Father's Day present the kiddo made for me at his Parents Day Out last week. It's his little handprints and a poem about how he'll grow up one day and I've sat here the last 10 minutes tearing up.

Dang it, I don't like this part of parenting.

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Know the feeling all too well. My oldest is 9 today.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

My dad is not a very emotional guy. I've seen him cry twice. While playing golf Sunday he was telling me about the video they showed at his church that involved a guy throwing ball with his son. He said it got him to thinking and he looked at me and said that in his life he's accomplished many things, but nothing he ever did he enjoyed more than throwing ball with me. Took all I had not to cry then and now too thinking about it.

Funny thing is, it's still the thing I've enjoyed the most in my life too. I won a lot of ballgames and was a part of some successful teams. But hearing my dad laughing after we'd hit each other multiple times throwing knuckleballs at dawn takes the cake. Just hope the Good Lord lets me experience that with my children, too.

13. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Better than if it was a daughter and she was saying "Sure daddy, I make them wear condoms...when I'm sober enough to remember to bring it up".

I hope I never have a daughter.

14. CardinalVol

Well happy birthday!

Ah, I spent many and many a day playing catch or taking BP off of dad.

15. CardinalVol

Yup, the little girl is going in the basement the day she's born and not allowed out until she's 25 at minimum.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I will laugh my ass off when you have a little girl.

17. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

My daughter treats me with one part love, one part contempt, one part indifference. All I have to do to get my son's love is hang out in the same room.

Women are complex creatures.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Mine, thankfully, is at that stage where I'm perfect because I'm Daddy.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Get ready for multiple daughters KB.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I can say with 100% truth I never struck my dad out. Probably couldn't even today.