Has anyone ever dealt with a hernia before?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lylsmorr, Mar 9, 2012.

Tags:
  1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I bet the first time having to deuce after that was a strange feeling.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I don't remember anything extraordinary about it. I had the surgery nearly 20 years ago. I would imagine an inguinal hernia may cause a bit more issues with said defacation than an umbilical hernia. Just eat a large block of govt cheese the day before surgery. You'll be locked up tighter than Ft Knox for a few days. Should buy you some recovery time.

A guy I used to reenact with employed said cheese strategy because he had an aversion/phobia of porta-potties. No shit (no pun intended)

I do remember my 1st back surgery hurting like hell under your proposed circumstance. I was on a morphine pain pump while hospitalized. Narcotics are more effective than govt cheese. The 'effort' put forth was agonizing. Due to this, I didn't touch that button after my 2nd surgery and threatened bodily harm to anyone that did (my mom hit it several times the 1st go around. She wanted her baby to 'rest' and not suffer.) Gotta love your momma.

Now that we have thoroughly grossed everyone out, lyls, I'll shut up. But, I was just trying to help a brother out by giving info, guys.:)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Good luck lyls. I've never had the surgery, but I know a few who have and they all echoed what Jay said. Some minimal soreness afterwards. Nothing too bad. Of course any surgery sucks. Especially when you're the one under the knife.