Home Security Systems

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Indy, Sep 4, 2021.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I get that. But I also know this…. As a father of two, anyone that willingly comes into my home has no regard for life. My children’s, theirs and mine. I’m gonna see to it with every power I have that they don’t take my kids and mine.

justingroves and utvol0427 like this.
  2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Oh yeah, kids definitely change things. I anticipate we won't be in the city too long after we have our first, but who knows.

We worry less because it's just us. We are also on the third floor, at the back of the house. Anyone who breaks into our house at night would really have to be looking to hurt us to make it all the way up there.

NYY likes this.
  3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I save something for the fire monitoring don't remember how much.

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

A baseball bat wrapped with barbed wire here.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My kids like to use it as a cell phone when they believe my wife's being mean

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If you don't own one, get one and go to a range consistently. Learn it and don't shoot your [penis] off with it.

I grew up around them, they don't bother me or scare me at all but I can't stress enough to just be careful.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't want to shoot anyone but coming into my house is a good way to get it

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i have the ring doorbell and two ring floodlights in the back. all hard wired. works great. only issue is if someone breaks in you have to notice. my dog sets off the backyard one 40 times a day so i tend to not look.

9. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

We switched over to Ring security a couple years ago. Agree with Indy on the stupid deal with their Plus plan and discount. Fortunately we had previously purchased a camera for out front so didn't experience the Ring circle of hell. We now have two floodlight cams out back along with the front cam, doorbell and all the door/window sensors. It works pretty well overall minus an issue or two with sensors, but we really only arm it when we're out of town.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

btw costco and costco.com usually has ring packages.

IP likes this.
  11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Guns don’t really bother or scare me. I’ve shot them enough to have a relative degree of comfort, though I’d definitely go to the range a fair amount if I bought one as my “home protection” method. It’s the fiancée who isn’t a fan, though I’m not sure it’s due to being “scared.” She’s just not a fan. We will see.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No one using a smart lock?

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I’ve often times wondered what it would be like. That has to be a horrible thought knowing you took a life. With that said, if it’s them or my kids…. I’ll eat a burger while they bleed out.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Get a single or double barrel 20 gauge with light load double 00 buck shot.

It’s basically fool and mechanical proof and would be the safest option with your living conditions.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

My driveway is half mile long and just my house on it. I have drive way sensors that go off if someone drives/ walks in.