How did the Government come up with the signs

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Oldvol75, Oct 14, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

saying the government is shut down so fast? Seems to me that you could not get this many signs, complete with logos so quickly for all these parks around the entire country. Just makes me think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Wonder how the spending to keep people out of the parks compares to what it cost to run them, open

3. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

I have wondered the same about the messages on the web sites. I suppose the people making these changes were considered essential.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Eh. That seems pretty important. You don't make it blatantly clear that these services are not currently offered and you get some people traveling great distances only to realize it when they get there... that ain't good. I doubt editing those websites took more than a few minutes.

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

The friends that I have who work for the government went to work for several days leading up to and just after the shutdown preparing for an "orderly shutdown." Included in that would be making sure websites are clearly marked as being down and contracting the shutdown signs.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It's all for show from both sides.

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Exactly.

Look! you can't take your kids to the park. And its their fault!

8. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

I wish they would quit bluffing and shut the federal government down for good.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Shut down procedures began more than a week out, though most didn't think it would actually happen.

The shutdown was a deliberate strategy by the GOP. They know exactly what a shutdown entails.

Yes, shutdowns are more expensive than just keeping the things running. Keep that in mind the next time a GOP person says "let's just shut it down" as if that is fiscally responsible. Similarly, keep in mind when someone says "we shouldn't raise the debt ceiliing, we already owe so much," that raising the debt ceiling is so that bills already owed can be paid. It does not in itself increase that debt. This whole thing is a show, but it isn't the show many think it is.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The debt ceiling shouldn't be raised without passing a budget. Ever.

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

There is normally two people at the entrance to the everglades national park to collect $10 from each car that come in. Now there are 4 armed gaurds keeping people from going in. There are even more armed park rangers riding around in boats running off anyone who enters the waters of biscane nation park

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I disagree. Not defaulting is a lot more important than squabbling over Obamacare.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Haven't passed one in three years. More to it than Obamacare.

14. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Why are people worried about defaulting? As if every country that holds our debt doesn't know that at some point we are going to default. It is inevitable. We are the 450lb guy that orders 2 big Macs, extra large fry and washes it down with a diet soda.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

there is absolutely zero chance the US ever defaults. or at least not in my or my children's lifetime.

16. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

This. To say otherwise is ignorant.

17. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Could be, but a US default would be a global financial catastrophe. We think people are suffering now in terms of work and compensation, watch what happens after a US default. If default truly is unavoidable (I disagree), then one might argue it better to get it over with - but only if we are in a position to actually make fiscal changes. I'm not convinced any good would actually come from a default with the state of government in the US.

18. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Hubris.

19. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Fiat currency has a great historical track record.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

your statement? I agree