How I would handle this Dooley firing...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by DownNDirty, Oct 28, 2012.

1. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Plenty of people are saying he can finish 8-5 and I don't see it BUT with the remaining schedule it could happen. Right now, today, if I were Dave Hart I'd fire Dooley with the formal press conference. I'd do it this way and explain it to Dooley this way:

Derek we're going to fire you today but we want you to stay on through the end of the season. We are doing this for you and it will help you out. We both know you're not going to be back next season anyhow. Now you'll have an out either way. If somehow you flub up a couple of the remaining games you'll always be able to say with the inner turmoil of the team you just couldn't hold it together and you have a built in excuse for the losses. Or, if by chance you win out you'll be able to say well they fired me too soon. And you'll have some media on your side saying look at this guy - he won't be back here next year but even in the tough SEC he went 7-5 and has taken the Vols to a bowl game and shown improvement.

Of course I think that's complete crap and I have saw his coaching and don't see the improvement even at 7-5 with this cupcake schedule we were dealt this year. No significant wins, Dooley moments, etc. However, it would behoove Dooley to play along with this plan. If they lose a couple of more games so what he can blame it on the coaching change. If he strings together wins over the mighty Troy, Missouri, Vandy, and Kentucky he'll look at least a little better for his next potential coaching gig.

Just a thought.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Hart- "Dooley you suck and so does your mom, you are fired!"

Done.

3. tankervol

tankervol Member

I would prefer an Ari Gold style firing.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yes, something like this:

[video=youtube;uNYNxulbEOI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNYNxulbEOI&feature=related[/video]

5. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm going with the Ari Gold deal.