How True is This?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Sep 27, 2015.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I've been seeing this make the rounds:

Butch Jones actively tried to get the Michigan head coaching job. Anyone with any insight into this?

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This was well known.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Why do you think he got a 600k raise?

4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Can you go into further detail? How is this not public knowledge?

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

His name was thrown out during their vacancy. and it was put there by his camp. No way they would have hired, or even wanted that sorry sack of shit.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Why would it have been public knowledge?

7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

So, this just further cements his lies. This is his dream job, per his words, so why then would he actively try for another job? For a raise? Understandable, but what I've seen is he was seriously trying to get that job.

Does anyone know anything that happened behind the scenes that isn't public knowledge?

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Michigan targeted 1 guy, and they didn't stop until they ****ing got him.

Butch could have paid Michigan to be their head coach, and they would have told him to **** off.

9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

He lobbied for the job. Parlayed it into a raise. But he never had a prayer of being a real candidate.

You know who was in the Michigan AD at that time?

10. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I understand he would have never gotten the job. My point is, he said this was his dream job. He lobbied for a different job other than his "dream job" he currently had.

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Sounds similar to Bruce Pearl and Memphis. Butch and Bruce seem to have the same case of bullshit.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He also talks about charts. He talks about analytics. He told us he assembled the best staff in America.

He's a liar. And he sucks as a coach.

13. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Colorado was his dream job right up until he answered his phone on the airport tarmac and it was UT.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

At least Pearl could coach.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And just think, our AD was *this* close to hiring Strong.

Please, target a known winner at the top levels and keep raising the figure/power levels until he can no longer say "No.

16. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

And Mike Debord was running the day-to-day aspects of Michigan Athletics while UM was without an AD and a football coach.

You think he wasn't instrumental in Jones' name floating as a UM candidate? And in getting Jones a subsequent raise and extension? And then he gets a return to coaching and a big payday at UT afterward?

Tennessee got worked by these two ****ers. Worked.

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Not true. Butch loves UT. It's his dream to be here. He probably even bleeds orange out of his raw ass nose.

18. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I wonder if we actually saved any money with these last 2 knuckleheads.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Ding ding ding

Here's the winner. I wonder how many fans refuse to acknowledge this?

20. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

After last night I'm also convinced he has a gambling problem and is throwing these games after betting against UT... How else do you explain TWO complete meltdowns in the last five minutes of games we had won??