Hugh Freeze

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Nov 26, 2018.

1. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Gonna get bumpy in here

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm not concerned with what two consenting adults do unless he forced himself on someone or pressured someone due to his position on the football staff. He could [uck fay] half the chicks on campus and as long as they are DTF, I have no issue. That's between him, the girls, and his wife.

justingroves likes this.
  3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

They're not going to retract anything. But if they see us oppose Freeze like we opposed Schiano, any of them who are honest with themselves will realize they were wrong and shut up about it.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Never heard of this, start a thread.

5. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Thought it was at FSU and that's why he left after a year. Heard rumor it wasn't a coed but a graduate assistant in the AD.

Apparently everyone had affairs in Tallahassee.

justingroves likes this.
  6. Tar Volon

I don't hold coaches to my own moral standard. If that happened, he was in the wrong, but not in a way that disqualifies him from being a football coach--a consenting college student is a lot different than high school students.

justingroves, utvol0427 and lylsmorr like this.
  7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Honesty was irrelevant to that story from the beginning. They could have actually dug into the story and done a little work on why Schiano really isn't here instead of jumping on the cardboard train which would get more attention.

Thats way down the list of give a crap to me.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Peruse UGA message boards; many accusations of bad things while at UGA.

9. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Schiano was announced by Currie who was an outsider pompous asshole no one liked and everyone knew was just a puppet for Haslam. If Fulmer had announced Schiano the reaction would have been some shock but the fans would have taken it. At this point Pruitt and Fulmer have not given me any reason not to trust them.

10. UTVolinExile

UTVolinExile Chieftain

My point being that all the pearl clutchers over the Freeze allegations have been silent about similar allegations concerning Pruitt. And I don't think anyone would claim that Pruitt's alleged moral failings had any impact on our performance on-field. So why the histrionics over Freeze, who is only being considered for OC?

GahLee, Poppa T and VolDad like this.
  11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

How do watching female minors change and having an affair with a consenting adult equate?

Indy and A-Smith like this.
  12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

And by watching you mean forcing them to change in front of you.

13. Tar Volon

I think most of those who are worried about Freeze are not worried about it from an on-field perspective. As for your comparison with Pruitt and Freeze, it's tricky trying to figure out where to draw the line, but I tried to sort through it a little bit a few pages back in this thread: https://8thmaxim.com/forum/index.php?threads/hugh-freeze.16799/page-32#post-931221

14. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Just keeping the salacious rumors straight:

Freeze had a girl change her shirt, facing the corner. He was in the same room, she didn't know if he was watching her or not and said nothing sexual was said or done.

I'm not condoning it, but some additional context is needed. Everything that was alleged is weird and creepy at best.

warhammer, GahLee and Indy like this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Because some of us didn't know about it, for starters.

Indy likes this.
  16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That's all the context that was needed. He either had a reason to make her do it in front of him instead of in a restroom/locker room or asking a female teacher to supervise or he is too stupid and clueless as to realize the implications of that scenario. Either should disqualify him from employment at Tennessee.

JohnnyQuickkick likes this.
  17. Tar Volon

That and the paddling are the salacious rumors that made it into the press. Per others in this thread, there are other salacious rumors about him having sex with HS students (possibly members of the basketball team he coached? Wasn't clear on that point)

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Might as well just shut down the sport of football as a whole, at this point. Everyone's a scumbag and has skeletons.

GahLee likes this.
  19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Can we all at least agree that if it's ever proven that Freeze did these alleged things with minors, we will ALL want him gone?

Bdouble likes this.
  20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP