Hurd

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by justingroves, Mar 14, 2013.

Tags:
  1. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

or Greg Amsler

2. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Skynyrd!!!

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Tre reminds me of a guy playing linebacker.

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

He's been a helluva pro, but I really don't remember him as a "great" back at UT.

5. limpleg

Yeah, I realize he is headed to LB, but I guess I was watching Beech on offense and didn't watch him play much on D. Kindof forgot he was on d.

6. limpleg

2nd all time leading rusher, but his few big fumbles definitely hurt how he is remembered.

7. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

The fumbles hurt, sure, but tell me about his greatest game as a Vol...his most memorable run?...I just don't remember ever saying "wow" after watching Foster play.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

2005 vandy was foster's best game

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

getting caught from behind at Cal?

I do think his time is remembered somewhat* unfairly, because of the fumbles, and because of the circumstances around 2008, including the way he handled himself that season.

He had a pretty solid 3 seasons, apart from the stuff we all remember.

*I say somewhat because I don't hold him guiltless in it all, either.

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

When I think of Foster's most memorable runs, I think of that Cal run, his fumble against Penn St., his fumble against SC in '07 that Jacques McClendon recovered, and his TD catch to open the game at Kentucky in '07. Oh, and the botched handoff in the swamp.

Now take Montario Hardesty...my first thought is the 11 broken tackles on the TD run against Cal in '06, the spin move for 6 against the Gamecocks in '09. He probably had a quarter of the carries that Foster had while at UT, but he had more memorable game-breaking runs.

Maybe my memory on Foster is distorted, but I don't think so.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Foster consistently picked up 4 yards. He also had 6 or 7 tds against UGA.

12. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

My first thought as well. Man that was badass.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hardesty doesn't blow a knee against ole miss in 05, Foster probably doesn't play here

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I remember thinking Foster was going to be a beast when he was a freshman. I spent the next two years wondering what happened and his senior year befuddled at how he managed to get so close to the all time rushing yardage total.

My conclusions were there was a lot of stuff going on that I didn't know about on top of some lingering injuries for the middle years, and that, despite being an overall "good" back while there, his rushing total was as much a product of his length of career as a starter as it was anything.

15. limpleg

And he is now a top 5 fantasy pick. Unbelievable. Wasn't his sr yr with Crompton in the Clawfense?

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Yes, he was my first round pick this year(autodraft), and yes, it was.

17. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

When I think of Foster, I think of his Freshman year in 2005 when he came out of nowhere to post a great Freshman season in an otherwise dismal year. He never looked better than he did as a Freshman until he hit the NFL.

18. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

His best game IMO was at Cal in 07 where he returned kicks on top of his regular RB duties.

How come he wasn't more productive here? Because he was close to the size of Pablo Sandavol his last two years.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah that TD run by Hardesty against Cal is one of my favorite plays.

20. limpleg

Is that the cutback to the left where he spun at the line, then spun again on an lb for a td?

nm, I think that was at Neyland in the north endzone. Can't remember the game though