I am done

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorrisAlan, Oct 4, 2014.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I know. Bad loss definitely. I'm not trying to sunshine pump, nor do I have the knowledge to do so. Even if butch sucks. Tenn won't be down forever.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Thanks droski. There will be better days when Bajakian is gone.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Jones is done. Not sure if people realize it and it may be several more years before it happens. He doesn't have it. Everyday we hang on to him is just wasted time.

4. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Just saying it's every bit as bad as it looks. It's a shitshow.

5. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

The shitty thing is that Butch is NOT a winner, one way or the other. So as long as he is here, we will lose. Then, one day we get a new coach...and then, he will need time. So, we are years from winning. That is pretty deflating

6. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

i will follow **** huffman anywhere.

#****huffmangetsit

7. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

It's puzzling. Almost took a herculean effort to lose that game.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  8. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I can only hope that the fans will IMMEDIATELY vote with their attendance or lack thereof. Then, maybe Butch will understand that it isn't personal. We just want to stop losing. Then, he can get a new OC. But, how many times does the first year with a coordinator result in excuses?

Next week, next year, yawn..

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

If Hart were smart - and he isn't - I'd be quietly speaking to Chip Kelly, tonight.

10. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Chip Kelly would be a huge get. We aren't getting rid of Jones until after 2016 season.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Please. Jones is here for a while.

12. Tenacious D

I believe that Bama was talking to Saban within weeks of his arriving in Miami.

13. Tenacious D

No doubt. Two more years, bare minimum.

But you don't land those types of coaches in the few weeks between firing one and when you need to have another hired.

14. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I'm sick. Is there an off button for fandom?

15. dknash

dknash Chieftain

For informational purposes:

Buyout = 2 million per year left on the contract (minus future job earnings). Contract years appear to start March 1. Not sure if you're on the hook for the full 2 million until March 1 or just prorated, but IMO you can tack on at least 500k due to the need to get a coach in place before spring practice ends.

After 2014 season: 8.5 (prorated) or 10 (Hart bent over in negotiations)
    2015: 6.5 or 8
    2016: 4.5 or 6
    2017: 2.5 or 4
    2018 (last contracted year and runs through Feb 2019): .5 or 2

2016 is nearest what we paid to get rid of Dooley, who was an actual cancer laying waste to the program. Although if Hart gave it up to Sexton or whoever represents Butch, that number would be significantly higher especially with staff included (I think Dooley and staff came to about 5.5 before he went to Dallas and Chaney to Ark, etc). In that case 2017 is a closer comp as far as the expense goes.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

My off button works

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This staff should take their stupid bricks and put them to some actual use by tying them to their legs and going swimming.

18. Tenacious D

Barring a scandalous personal gaffe, or major NCAA problems that link directly to Jones - Dave Hart will never fire him.

Never.

He'll be retired before its even a topic of serious discussion.

19. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Hart won't stay on past the terms of Butch's current contract, though. At least I wouldn't imagine.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm out.