I don't bet on UT sports

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kidbourbon, Aug 14, 2012.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

If anybody needs any picks, I'll be glad to rent out my service. 15-5 the first weekend on Yahoo! Pick 'em, good for 25th overall.

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

This is ATS, I assume? If so, solid work.

What happened to you not being any good at the beginning of the season?

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Is UT/Ga State even on the board?

4. InVolNerable

Of course. And on the games I actually put money on, I went 4-1.

I never said I wasn't good at the beginning of the season. I said I only get better as the season progresses. Of course having said that, I'll probably end the year with a slew of shitty picks.

5. kidbourbon

Not yet.

6. kidbourbon

Georgia State isn't FBS, right? I'm having a brain fart on that.

Normally games involving FCS teams don't get listed. You could probably find a line on the game somewhere, though.

7. InVolNerable

Joining the Sun Belt in 2013, so no, this year they aren't FBS.

The only line I've seen for this game is UT -41.

8. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I saw some sites post fcs lines late in the week last week. Havent seen anything this week.

9. hallowed_hill

UT -49.5 on 5dimes. I put a few on GSU.

10. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I haven't looked in quite a while, but at one time, the percentage of favorites that covered 40+ lines was very heavy. Money just doesn't go to the favorite after the line hits a certain point, regardless of whether it should or not.

TIFWIW

11. hallowed_hill

Interesting. Hadnt heard that before.

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

That might be money lost, if the GSU fans have any sort of good read on this game.

13. hallowed_hill

I'd be happy to lose it. Just dont trust us by 50 against anyone.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would take Washington and the points against LSU

15. kidbourbon

Completely accurate. I believe it was the 2008 season when both Boise and TCU were juggernauting. They were covering the spread every week. It didn't take long for the spreads to get to be about -45 each game. But they never went past that general mark, and so Boise and TCU continued to cover every spread. They'd win every game like 56-3. Quite amazing it was.

16. kidbourbon

We'd cover it against Akron, who may be worse than Ga St. I'd love to see us get a spread against Akron between 35-40. I'd toss down on that.

17. kidbourbon

That game is a tough call for me. I think I'm gonna lay off it.

I like the rest of the big favs, though. USC-26.5 is criminally easy. Oregon-35 about the same. Texas-38 against New Mexico gave me a little pause, but I still think they cover it. Funk Bob Davie. Oh, and Bama-40 against WKU should be covered.

18. InVolNerable

Texas won't cover, USC will, I'm not sure about Oregon. If I had to guess Oregon, I'd say yes but I'd be hesitant.

19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Bama tends to win by right around 41 every time they play somebody terrible. That one's going to be real close.

As far as big (let's say 20+) faves go, Arky St looks good, but I'm going against Ohio and very likely South Carolina as well.

20. InVolNerable

Didn't fare as well this week. 13-7. Brayn Trust will probably fall in the ranks this week.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012