I guess I'll be "that guy"

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorthGaVol, Oct 17, 2014.

1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Jay, I know you KNOW the game and have justifiably questioned some coaching. I Just have a feeling that 2 things are in our favor. First, we are by any definition a trap game for Ole Miss. Everything about the timing of this game is on our side. Second, it seems to me that Butch got a little defensive about questioning strategy and schemes. I also noticed a definite absence of the Pig Sweep the last 2 games. Call me crazy, but I think the staff feels the heat to show they aren't dumbasses. I expect our playcalling to be best of the year. Finally, we have a good defense. That will put you in any game.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'd be ecstatic if you're right, and I'll publicly admit my error while singing your praises.

Side note: Butch better get used to criticisms if he continues to try to put a square peg in a round hole. That offensive staff deserves more criticism than they have received.

3. TDVol1989

I know they use a lot of Jucos and that makes recruiting rankings less useful for evaluating their talent, but they do not have the talent of Auburn and OK. Yet, they just execute blocks and make use of their players as well as anyone.

4. TDVol1989

I agree. But whether Butch is ALL VOL or not, this is the best opportunity of his career. If he blows this one, no guarantees he gets anything above a mid major again. I have to believe now that the honeymoon is over, he will buckle down on game day. Because, so far, he treats game day as a nuisance until he loads up the roster.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

You are dead on.

6. LunaFreak

LunaFreak loves Bowling

At the moment, a Cohiba Siglo II.

[​IMG]

7. JayVols

His assumption that he has throwaway years pisses me off more than anything.

8. TDVol1989

Agreed! 100%! The East is down right now and while we are not a championship team, we could be in contention this year. The winner of the East will have 2 conference losses. Imagine what that would do for our program. Why give that away? Sooner or later, recruits are going to pay attention to W/L. Win the damn game you are playing today. Screw everything else!

9. JayVols

Agreed.

I realize where we were/are as a program. How can I not? That being said, he's still paid to win. Act like it. Cut the excuses. We all know the situation. When you start throwing excuses out, it makes it seem like you're in over your head. Expect to win. Coach to win. If you lose anyway, more folks will respect the fact that despite the shortcomings you expect the best out of what you have.

10. LunaFreak

LunaFreak loves Bowling

As a retort to anyone saying we have no chance, I refer you to the look on Jalen Hurd's face as he approaches the stadium.

[​IMG]

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wants it?

12. LunaFreak

LunaFreak loves Bowling

Looks that way to me.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well shit, if he wants to go and get it I sure will take it.

14. LunaFreak

LunaFreak loves Bowling

They don't look 'fired up' to me. They look pissed off and determined.

Hurd looks like he's ready to eat glass.

15. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

He looks pissed off thinking about Thomas and Kerbyson blocking (air) for him .

16. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Hurd is like, "**** it, I'll pay Drew Richmond out of my own pocket."

17. LunaFreak

LunaFreak loves Bowling

Whatever it takes, 615 Vol.

18. JayVols

No hill.

No river.

Doesn't want it enough.

19. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I maintain that Worley gets hurt tonight. And it'll be as much on playcalling as the awful O-line.

20. JayVols

Very possible if not outright probable.