I hate Memphis State

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Nov 22, 2011.

1. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Its been awhile since Ive been over here. I have to say that this game made me impressed with how Tennessee played. I thought the team would be terrible this season. Not being malicious just the way things appeared after Pearl left. Even the Oakland game was well played in the 2nd half for the most part. I look forward to our second meeting in a month. Hopefully we can have the same excitement as in Maui.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think we've all been more than shocked at some of the performances, even if the results were still the expected ones.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Time to bump this. I still hate Memphis State.

4. Got heem

Got heem New Member

**** memphis state

5. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Let the hate flow through you.

6. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

I hate The University of Tennessee at Knoxville

7. Got heem

Got heem New Member

good one?

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don't know if Memphis State reaches the top of my Pyramid of Hate, but it's right up there.

9. hallowed_hill

I dont give a damn about the whole school of memphis state. We're from Tennessee!

10. CardinalVol

As far as I am concerned, the state of Tennessee ends at about milemarker 12 on I-40.

11. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Sweet...I live at 25 so I'm still good.

12. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

I rocked the TN tie to work today. No death threats yet (at least associated with the tie). I was at the game at FedEx last year and pretty much every mempiss fan in my section was an asshole. Hopefully I will at least get some mental revenge tonight.

13. CardinalVol

Yuppy Arlington boy posing as Memphis.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'll never forget going to a Memphis game in grad school, and sitting behind and in front of a bunch of students from Memphis wearing their tiger gear in the damn UT student section. They got real quiet when Tennessee went up 20 and a former walk-on damn near executed a 360 dunk. I got shot with a t-shirt gun that game too. Not as painful as one might think. Shirt was a ridiculous size and ugly as sin though.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

exposed.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is actually a shame that this game is in jeopardy. I love this game. Remember #1 vs #2? That was crazy publicity for both schools and the whole state. This rivalry is good for Memphis and good for UT. It is pure animosity. It passes the "hate" test.

17. hallowed_hill

Hands like Leonard Scott on a slant evidently.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Was just sitting there talking to my friend, went right between the arms of the Memphis fan who for some reason wanted an orange t shirt like a football through goal posts and hit me right in the face.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Damn that's funny.

20. CardinalVol

I've wanted to keep this game got a long time, but I'm just about nearing the point to that screw them and let them do their own thing. They've tired for 20+ years to get into a major conference and now that they have (only after powerhouses like Houston, SMU, and UCF), all of the big boys are either leaving or trying their best to leave (see UConn and UC) because they all realize what a joke it has become and want nothing to do with it.

Go, take your glorified AAU coach and schedule your national ESPNU games with Gonzaga and your "rival" Louisville. I don't give a flip. Eventually the smart fans will realize what a scam the basketball program is running and will stop showing up to the Forum for these powerhouse games against Lipscomb and Martin. Enjoy your one season of being in a real conference (in which you are about to be taught your real place in the college bball world) before everybody worth a crap is gone and it's a worse league than CUSA. I don't care. Just quit fooling yourselves that UT "needs" you and you are some program on the level with Indiana, UNC and Kansas. You're not. Get over it.