I hate Memphis State

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Nov 22, 2011.

1. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Not all of our fans are thugs just like all of you aren't toothless rednecks.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Caught it after it bounced off my face. The reflexes of a mule.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

For real. most of us have at least 10, if you count top and bottom together.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

One of my favorite recurring conversations I had when I was at UT

Me - Where are you from?
    Person - Memphis
    Me - Oh really? What high school?
    Person - Germantown/Houston/etc.
    Me - You aren't from Memphis.
    Person - *sighs* I know.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Some jackass didn't use his turn signal and made me sit through a light. He was proclaimed a Memphis State fan for 24 hours.

6. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

give Memphis to ar-kansas

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I rooted for them as a kid, before there was any UT / MSU games to speak of. I loved the MSU lineup of Keith Lee, William Bedford, Baskerville Holmes, Vince Askew and Andre Turner, with Dwight Boyd off the bench. Aside from the Vols, that was my favorite lineup ever.

8. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Cincinnati beating Memphis four times on the way to the Final Four in '92 made me happy.

9. hatvol96

Sitting a couple of rows behind the UC bench at the Pyramid was always fun.

10. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

I'm guilty of this, but I just assume they know I'm froma suburb because I'm white.

11. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

I always enjoyed watching Cal's teams play. CDR was fun to watch.

12. You say that, but I always get a little upset when people want to be from Germantown instead of Memphis. Like they're proud to grow up in a yuppie neighborhood versus the historic city of Memphis.

13. I have enjoyed listening to Memphis radio this year and hearing various people and hosts talk about how much more fun the Grizzlies are to watch than the Tigers, and how they would rather go to watch the NBA team than the Tigers. I have also enjoyed listening to the on-air meltdowns from the call-ins after Tiger losses, and that whole episode when Pastner wanted to cancel the series for reasons that were widely mocked even by his biggest supporters, only to be made to look like a buffoon when his AD undercut him to work on extending the series.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

15. hatvol96

Germantown and DeSoto County are for folks who don't have the guts to just come right out and join the KKK. Nothing but a bunch of closeted white separatists.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Wright bros of White Flight

17. Even the boards are shitty. How awful must it be to be a Tiger fan? Thank god for the Grizzlies, or else I would have no sports-related way to have civic pride in my hometown.

I will tell you, from experience with dealing with these people over the year, that they are going through a similar situation that we did with Dooley. What you're seeing there is essentially the Memphis equivalent of Sunshine Pumpers. They're the very same people who will blame the fan negativity for why the players don't seem to buy in to Pastner's system if they get beat tonight.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

And can they describe this alleged system of Pastner's?

19. hatvol96

A couple of those brainiacs were sitting behind me at a UC-Memphis game at the Pyramid. They started dropping N bombs and other pleasantries on the Bearcat bench. Huggs started laughing. They asked him what is so funny. He smiled and said "The fact you ignorant bastards actually think I'll stop Fortson and Patterson from coming up there and beating your redneck asses." They became conspicuously silent.

20. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

I hope there's a packed house tonight ! Wish I was there! Get loud be proud go vols and kick the tigers in the ass!