I hope Chris Christie is the future of the Republicans

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Nov 11, 2013.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

The guy is just so damn real. If he gets the nomination and ends up facing Hillary Clinton, it has the potential for the most honest "real talk" presidential election in several decades. And it'd be a toss-up that would result in a strong, savvy leader either way.

What prompted this was his recent response to a reporter asking his opinion about the Iranian nuclear deal. He replied he had no comment because he didn't know enough details about the situation. And that anyone who would comment without being privy to the details is foolish.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you think hilary speaks the truth?

3. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

He has the ability to be a TR for this republican generation.

Hopefully he will be able to purge the republican party of the current social nonsense.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

She drops some truth bombs.

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Hillary was a good Senator. While Barbara Boxer would sitin Energy and Water railing at witnesses with her misguided opinions, Hillary would set up logical traps based on fact not opinion. She doesn't strike me as the say whatever's on your mind person that Cheistie is but I have seen her deal in fact more than many politicians.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

As a life long Republican, the GOP needs an enema. Stop pandering to the Far Right and Christian nut jobs and stop treating the word compromise like it is the 8th deadly sin.

7. OrangeEmpire

I want a breakdown of numbers and a delivery like Bubba.

Tax revenue is not a problem in this country, think of all the areas we could cut back on and save the tax payer money?

Might as well call out of the elephant in the room, military spending is off the hook, time to talk about it.

Gay marriage or like is not killing American, spending is.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I agree that tax revenue is not a problem. However, corporate loopholes should be addressed. If that can be leveraged by easing the tax strain on the middle class and small businesses, gravy.

9. OrangeEmpire

Balance my fried, life is nothing but balance.

Extremes give us trouble.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Tax everyone a flat 10 percent and have an exception for those in poverty.

11. OrangeEmpire

The tax code is silly.

Consumption tax or flat tax?

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Flat tax. I'd also get rid of the take on business. It's still and only creates loopholes for special interest groups.

Businesses don't pay taxes. People pay taxes so it's only passed down anyway

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

But businesses are people according to the courts.

14. OrangeEmpire

Courts are an entirely different animal.......:eek:

15. JayVols

But they interpret the laws of the land. All laws.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Lots of them don't pay taxes either.

17. OrangeEmpire

My beef is the varying opinion from county to county or city to city.

Frankly, it is scary.

Although, one can say that each court appeals to their specific needs/concerns.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

As of 11/11/13, I am 100% behind Christie in '16. He would be a welcome breath of fresh air in the Beltway, and I'm not sure it would totally engulf him as it does others. But, let's see what happens in the next two years or so. The GOP actually has several competent people as governors around the nation right now, believe it or not.

19. JayVols

Valid beefs. One Federal Court in one section of the country often rules entirely the opposite of another section's Federal Court. I guess that's why we have the SCOTUS.

20. JayVols

Nothing short of a blue whale will EVER engulf Chris Christie.