I never like seeing someone lose his job

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by ruckusvol, Nov 18, 2012.

1. ruckusvol

ruckusvol New Member

I wanted Dooley to be a winner, like most did. Or at least I hope most did. But as time went on I realized it would not work with him in charge. But I still hate seeing someone lose his job and still have to talk publicly.

And please don't say "he's getting so much to get fired, that would be awesome!". That's not what this is about. It's just unpleasant having to watch someone publicly fail and lose his job for it when it's clear he wants to do well.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

This went out the window six weeks ago.

3. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Sorry guy, he destroyed a proud football program and made millions.

Have no idea how you feel sorry for him.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

$5 mil to walk away from destroying one of the most storied programs in college football. **** him.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

You're a *****.

6. WM

WM Active Member

Welp

7. Jrobison

Jrobison New Member

Agreed.

8. ruckusvol

ruckusvol New Member

I apologize. Clearly I overestimated the intelligence level here. Clearly I said that my statement was in spite of the "he is getting so much money to be fired argument". So OrangeEmpire and lylsmorr are clearly not smart enough to get that.

My point had nothing to do with gains or loses surround a tenure. It's just that it sucks publicly watching someone lose his job. I don't know anyone who would want to be publicly humiliated like that, on that big a stage.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He's paid handsomely to be in the public eye. Forgive me for not crying over his humiliation. And clearly I underestimated the amount of estrogen you have flowing right now.

10. Jrobison

Jrobison New Member

Clearly...

11. murrayCod

murrayCod Member

Price of admission, IMO.

He's not pouring coffee at the Waffle House; you take a big-time high-profile job, you accept the risk of it going terribly --and publicly -- wrong.

He did himself no favors. I don't feel bad for him.

12. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

Dooley, betcha bottom dollar...

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Yeah, it sucks to be him right now, but he knew what he was getting into more so than most. It's hard to have pity too much for the guy.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  15. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

I will gladly take that amount of money to be humiliated in public. **** Dooley.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Why is JT5's post red?

17. Jrobison

Jrobison New Member

So, we hate to see Dooley get publically humiliated, right?

What about Cody Pope and all the players he has publicly humiliated and thrown under the bus?

What comes around goes around. He IS NOT the class act that most like to make him out to be.

18. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

But the man says the word britches! Gruden just needs two hotel rooms for his [itch bay]es. Obviously Dooley is a better man and a better coach, right?

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Couldn't be more correct.

He's an ass, but everybody's blinded by the pants, accenr, a folksy sayins.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

For $11 million that he's accrued over the last 3 years, I would be willing to fired on national television while being paddled by my boss on my bare ass as former girlfriends relate to the world my sexual deficiencies (Admittedly, a short discussion). In other words, he's not a waitress at Cracker Barrell who has 4 mouths to feed and I don't feel a whole lot of sympathy. Something tells me he'll be just fine.