I was wrong about Tennessee

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kidbourbon, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

How can we make the call on Hurd (for well or ill), after his third game, and where he has been second string and splitting carries for two of those.

What area(s) has Hurd been shown himself to be deficient in, exactly?

I'm open to the argument, but am not sure that I understand upon what evidence it's been formed.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm seeing more and more evidence that he is going to be a playmaker. What is weird is if he were the same back 20 or 30 years ago, people would be salivating. But the spread rules football.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Because kidb said so.

Post better.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well I don't have the good sense to walk away. Bring it, KB. Let's rumble.

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

He always falls toward. He's also really impressed me with his blocking.

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Utah State held Wake to -25 yards rushing last night. Not saying it means anything, just thought that was interesting.

7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Interesting stat.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Urban Meyer went all out for Hurd. He can play in the spread.

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Hurd is legit. He has few holes last nite and when it wasnt there he got 2 or 3 on his own.

10. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

I obviously missed the post(s) where people were saying Hurd was a bust or sucked or [insert derogatory comment] but, while I haven't been overwhelmed by his performance thus far, you can see the cream rising to the top.

The dude is talented.

11. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Yea. We all knew that already.

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

It would be tragedy if Hurd doesn't get a bj from two of the hottest Lady Vols we have on campus today for the game he had last night

13. JayVols

I think groves said it, but folks either forget or don't know that he missed 95% of the season last year due to his shoulder. The rust is coming off.

14. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Butthurt much?

15. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Or we all think he's going to run like Gurley. I've been critical of Hurd, and I still want to see him deliver a few more hits when he's running because that's the kind of back he has to be.

16. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I'm not here to diss Hurd, and never was. My point about Gurley was in response to some dude who said that even Gurley wouldn't be getting good numbers behind this line in this system. That person was wrong, I told him about it, and if you disagree, you're wrong,and I'll tell you about it.

I think Hurd is good; I don't think he's elite.

But none of that matters because defense wins championships.

17. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

Hurd has all the talent UT will ever need. He's the least of their worries. What we need is Bajackass to fall in an open manhole.

18. JayVols

Not at all.

My butt is just fine.

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

If UT had Gurley in the backfield and Art Briles running the offense, how many games do the 2014 Vols win?

20. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

No one should be compared to Gurley, especially when gauging their ability as a Freshman running back. Those comparisons should be reserved for only those of whom Gurley compares to...and right now, that list is comprised of the likes of Adrian Peterson and Herschel Walker.