If I did it- how I would set up a new NCAA14 dynasty

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by IP, Nov 3, 2014.

1. VB

VB Member

Obviously. Would result in some pretty terrible records too. I would just keep divisions split but add cross divisional rivals that rotate each year

2. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

That's probably what I'm going to do. However, if we do that there's going to be a team that doesn't have a user cross divisional rival this year since we only have 5 players.

3. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Update to above:

Just drew the matchups at random.

Myself and Orlando are in the east.

You, Bass, and Fla St. are in the west.

Orlando drew Bass this year. I drew Mullet. You would be the odd man out this year, VB.

4. VB

VB Member

Make bass the odd man out. He may not even be playing anymore

5. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I can do that.

6. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Pre-season week is up and will stay up for 24 hours.

During this time everyone has the chance to red-shirt, scout, customize their schedules, and set up their recruiting board. Please get this done before tomorrow night around 11 as it will be advanced regardless so we can go ahead and start season 2.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  7. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

There have also been several changes to the conferences this season. Notable changes are below:

-All conferences now have a minimum of 12 teams and have a built in conference championship game.

-West Virginia has left the Big 12 and is now part of the ACC Coastal Division. They replace Florida State, who has joined the SEC East.

-Florida State's cross divisional rival this year is Texas A&M, while Tennessee's is LSU. Orlando's Georgia Bulldogs were the odd man out this year in user cross divisional play. I originally had Bassman in this spot, but I wasn't done reformatting all the conferences at the time.

-Missouri has left the SEC West to go back to the Big 12.

-Nebraska and Colorado have also joined Missouri in their journey back to the Big 12. Notre Dame has replaced Nebraska in the Big 10, while BYU is no longer an independent and has replaced Colorado in the Pac 12.

-Air Force, Army, and Navy have joined the American Conference in the North division.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  8. VB

VB Member

Can't guarantee I'll get that done by tonight. Will try

9. WM

WM Active Member

Trying to remember how to kroot.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

"First past the post," but you do have to be ahead by some kind of margin to get the hard commit. Best to go after guys who already like you of course, but also good to look for guys who no one has pursued at all. Being a first offer is pretty big.

I would say don't make promises you can't keep, but I think it is safe to make promises that you won't break in the life of the dynasty too. I.e., guarantee a national championship. This thing won't last 4 seasons anyway, most likely.

11. WM

WM Active Member

It seems like I remember this from back in the day but position needs are always slim pickins. For example I have HB as a need and only two recruits that are 3 star and above that have interest in the top 5.

12. VB

VB Member

You are thinking of later versions of recruiting. You don't have promises anymore to recruits

13. VB

VB Member

We can't do custom schedules ourselves. Unless I'm missing something

14. VB

VB Member

RTA

Orlando is first for like 100 players

15. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

That's odd if it isnt.

This game is supposed to give each user the ability to change their own schedule.

16. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Week 1 of season 2 is up.

Looks like everyone has a game this week minus me.

17. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Georgia also has 3 players up for the Heisman lol

18. Orlandovol3

Orlandovol3 New Member

That frosh QB had 800 yards passing and 200 yards rushing then the power went out, smh.

Also, how come we have 3 in the east and 1 in the west? Did I miss this?

19. VB

VB Member

Yeah duck. I think you missed the pooch there.

We talked about having mullet in the west. And then you changed it. Which means I likely have one user game again

20. VB

VB Member

Are we going to just let him cheese the CPU? Shit is kind of absurd