If I did it- how I would set up a new NCAA14 dynasty

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by IP, Nov 3, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's funny that the game was always broken in some way or another. You'd think one could find a way to make an e sport out of a sport, but they always make it about animations

2. midtownvol83

midtownvol83 Active Member

Can't remember which year it was but one released and the defenses were so good. It was amazing. Then they patched it and made offense a lot easier. Still was never as broken as '13 was (and I guess '14) where if you didn't score every time you lost.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Which was the NCAA game where 99 speed players were unstoppable? All you had to due was recruit RBs and WRs with 99 speed and you couldn't be stopped on offense.

4. midtownvol83

2009 - could recruit a 2* and he could be 60 over all and be your star player.

5. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I don't remember what year the first incorporated realistic acceleration and stop and go moves. I was a master of the move where when you're being chased down in the open field you just let go of the stick when the defender gets close and then immediately sprint in the opposite direction.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That's what I had in my offline dynasty. I had a shitty white guy playing running back, but he had 99 speed. He'd get to the corner and score probably 90% of the time I gave him the ball.

7. midtownvol83

2009 is the last year before they eliminated that. They added locomotion in 2010 which is why a 99 speed garbage player was so valuable.

8. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

That was NCAA 2011.

I had a online dynasty game that year before the patch where Harry (govols182) and I had a 3-0 game that he won with a field goal as time expired.

They patched it and I never experienced anything like that again.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I loved NCAA 11 before the patch... I remember trying to find a way for us all to refuse the patch and have a patchless dynasty. One of those reasons why consoles are inferior to PC.

10. VB

VB Member

JaMes Logan used to run this ****ing dynasty

11. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I had some epic games in NCAA 11. Had a 5 overtime win against Mason in that dynasty........also experienced that ridiculous hail mary fiasco against Volball. Never will forget either one of those games. Ever.

'11 also gave me James Davis, non-arguably the best running back I have ever played with in either NCAA or Madden. He might as well have had 99's across the board in ratings his junior year going forward.

12. midtownvol83

Could probably recruit a couple over on VN.

13. VB

VB Member

Do it

14. midtownvol83

Not me I just mean we could. I am banned there.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I would join

16. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Anybody play the Battle Royale genre? Specifically, the PU Battleground released recently?

Shooters don't seem to be you guys' thing, but I'm enjoying it.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've seen streams of it. Looks better than what it's riffing off of. I can't decide if it is too slow-paced or too fast. It moves at a weird speed.

18. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

They're all actually made by the same person, but this one is using the unreal engine. More flexibility and whatnot. I enjoy it because you can kind of choose what speed you take it. If you'd rather goes balls to the wall, you can eject immediately and run toward high-loot centered areas and guarantee action quickly.

Or, you can go to less loot-centric, less-populated areas, but will likely need to traverse larger swaths of land which slower and sometimes disadvantageous. Like most things, it's most fun when you have a party of 4 going in together.

19. midtownvol83

Yeah I play PUBG. I love it. Finally got my first win the other night in a squad game. Came so close on a solo and duo game but died with 1 team left on both.

Never really played H1Z1. Was mostly excited about that game for the survival mode but it was a huge bust after coming over from playing Rust so many hours.

20. midtownvol83

I just looked over at VN and they have an OD thread and have like 6-10 people in some shitty sun belt one. Someone PM the thread starter and see if we can poach their quality guys.