If I'm This Kid....

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by TennTradition, Jan 17, 2012.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I thought a donkey punch was to the back of the head?

3. TennTradition

I was thinking base of the brain...between the bottom of the head and top of the neck....

It's hilarious that he answered that, though. The only reason that it doesn't surpass Ken Jennings' "What's a Ho" is because Jennings came across as such a prude.

4. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Affirmative

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Speaking of Jeopardy, I took the test tonight to qualify for the show. It's pretty difficult. I didn't get one sports question asked, but had like three Shakespeare ones. I totally bombed a Truman Capote question. Alas, there's always next year.

6. TennTradition

Interesting. Better luck next year, man.

I've thought about trying it, but never have. Probably wouldn't do that well.

I know a guy who was on. He came in second. He was about 500 behind the leader, who had around 12,000. He went for the "short stop" maneuver, betting very little and hoping they both missed it. The winner got it, he missed it. Would have lost regardless of bet, but small bet got him second over third.

7. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I watch it some nights and I am king of the world. Others, not so much. A few weeks ago they had these dweebs on trying to figure college bowl game sites. It was painful. I need to know opera, Shakespeare and Greek mythology better to truly succeed at that show.

8. TennTradition

Literature and Opera are definitely my weak spots. I don't think I could ever win with those glaring holes. Maybe with perfect timing.

I'm with you though...it is fun when you feel like you could smack any of the contestants on a given night....

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm the same way with being able to crush it some nights, but I doubt I could recall that info as readily if I were onstage.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I met someone who placed second on Jeopardy before, last week. She said that a big part of the game is actually timing the buzzer and even getting a chance on a question. That is apparently half the battle- just buzzing in first.

11. TennTradition

The guy I know said the same thing. He said he knew about 75 or 80% of the answers...just got beat to the buzzer on about half of them - thus why he and the other guy had about the same score.

He also said that Ken Jennings is known as a god of the buzzer, so to speak. He knew a lot of stuff, but his timing was apparently the best.