If it’s not Gruden...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tvolsfan, Oct 28, 2017.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

...then Currie is really putting the pressure on himself. I don’t know what all has happened behind the scenes, but if Florida is hiring at the same time we are, we better hope Gruden is actually coming. It’s not going to go over very well if Florida goes and hires Scott Frost and we hire Mike Norvell. Tennessee better be prepared for all contingencies, or the suffering isn’t likely to end anytime soon.

TDVol1989, A-Smith and TangoUniform like this.
  2. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Hope they don't get Chip Kelly

A-Smith and TangoUniform like this.
  3. Would be the most Tennessee thing ever to lose out on Gruden and the other heavy hitters while Florida gets Frost and we end up with DJ Durkin.

TangoUniform likes this.
  4. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I don't feel like the AD is really managing the expectations of the fan base re: Gruden. Hopefully that's a sign that he's coming, otherwise it probably won't be pretty.

snoball5278 likes this.
  5. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

They’ve been leaking to the media guys that it’s not happening. But those guys are also saying Butch may be back, so they aren’t exactly proving to be believable.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Durkin is on Florida's list, supposedly

7. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I step away for 5 minutes to groom my ballsack and we're talking unGruden scenarios. Not acceptable. #HesComing #WeMadeIt

gcbvol, Calculon and hohenfelsvol like this.
  8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I’m remaining skeptical until I hear it from his mouth. My fear is something along the lines of what Vercingetorix posted on Volnation:

9. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

NYY does great work

10. They can have him. I’m not understanding why his name is popping up as a candidate for elite jobs. I know he’s a good defensive coach and recruiter, but he doesn’t even have a winning record as a head coach.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Kelly and UF just seem like a match made in Tennessee hell. I have little doubt it happens.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's 1-0 at Florida

13. Right. Hang his hat on that ECU bowl win!

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

ADs can be very dumb at times

15. Wonder if they would consider Kiffin?

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes

17. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

On the other hand, that's thinking like a regular citizen. Gruden has a special kind of drive that makes him get up at 3am that can't be satisfied by selling Corona.

18. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

It has satisfied him for about 10 years now.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Settle down, go have a Corona

20. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I don't drink shit beer.