If it’s not Gruden...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tvolsfan, Oct 28, 2017.

1. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I'm sure he enjoyed it too. I just think he is ready to get back into coaching.

2. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I don't know the rules for a college coach to endorse Corona but if Coach K can advertise for American Express than I see no reason why Gruden can't at least keep the Hooters gig.

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Fair, but to bring up something else Vercingetorix said, based on how long he has been out, it means he’s enjoying what he’s doing or he has been holding out for this job. I can see why most people view that as unlikely.

4. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I've changed jobs, intentionally, because I got too comfortable and found myself not pushing forward like I previously had.

Maybe it's time for him.

Soon©

5. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Hence, move NOW!

6. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Unless he's been told by team Gruden to hold off on any moves until they say so.

7. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I don't even understand why this thread exists on THIS board...

8. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

I seem to recall thinking Vercingetorix was a pretty reasonable poster on VN. Wonder why he didn't move over here from that cesspool.

9. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

This debate has been going on awhile. I clearly fall on the Fire Butch Now side of the argument. I want Gruden, but no way I just sit on things. So, as some have suggested, he is in but wants the heat off while he maneuvers without attention. Meanwhile Butch runs the team into the ground, guys quit, and maybe JG backs out after the best other options are taken. My personality is very similar to that of my avi. Gruden is a big boy and he can handle it. Butch is an embarrassment and it's time for Currie to draw the line and say no more.

Of course, if most rumors are to be believed, that happens by Monday.

Caveat, if GA completes this beat down of FL, McElWilbur doesn't last as long as Butch has.

10. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

In the bizarro world circumstance that we screw up the Gruden hire AND we just have to go for the Kmart Blue Light Special type then we should go after Matt Campbell. I've watched Iowa St play 4x this year and that guy can coach. Or Scott Frost with an ungodly high buyout.

11. They just showed that insane stat where ISU was something like 0-52 against top 5 opponents coming into this year and they are about to win their second this season.

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Tennessee, meanwhile, like Indy, has not scored in over a month.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

They made him a Mod to keep him there.

14. He joined over here. He just doesn’t spend as much time on message boards any more.

UT Sports will do that to you.

15. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Campbell has an insane buyout so he's not going anywhere.