In Memoriam: 17/18 Vols SEC Champs Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Nov 5, 2017.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I don’t agree with all of the glowing bs written here yesterday, but we’re decent.

Alexander still hurts us badly on O.

Williams will be off and on because his size hurts. Smart player but needs more of a jumper to help him hammer big guys.

Schofield is solid.

Depth at 1-3 is probably our strength. We can defend if we choose and have fouls / energy to give.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

let you soul glow bpv. Up 10 on #5 on Tgiving day. Fun to watch.

3. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Vitale ruins every game that he calls.

4. Ssmiff

We knew this was coming. Gotta get back to the lineup that worked. Alexander is probably a -20 in 6 minutes of play today.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I said nothing about enjoyment. I said something about the glowing reviews. We are better than projected. We have massive problems in the paint. It will make us inconsistent as imaginable and kill our defense.

6. Ssmiff

Not sure why we are guarding tight 40 feet out and giving Brunson more space

7. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Yep, when you do not recruit at the level that is needed to compete consistently against good teams this is what happens to you. If you had some bad ass shot blockers that Villanova run doesn't happen. Sec schools are killing Barnes in recruiting.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and their families!

8. midtownvol83

midtownvol83 Active Member

Just terrible ball handling the first 5 minutes of the second half.

Shot selection when we weren’t turning the ball over was also terrible in the 2nd half. Disappointing end to a promising start. Felt like we had no energy compared to them coming out of the half.

9. Ssmiff

they fronted the pass to the top of the key that sets up the offense and we didn't respond well. Nova went to more pick and roll action in the second half, which we should have done instead of the multiple turnovers on that one pass. I can remember 4, so nova got at least 8 points there.
    I'm tired of the carrying of the ball. They actually finally called it but Brunson doesn't go a possession without doing it. If they aren't going to call it, then take advantage of it.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

We were scared to win.

The FT disparity was complete crap.

11. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Jay Wright is so damn good. I still haven't forgiven Doug Dickey for taking Buzz over him.

12. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Beat NC State. Pretty good result in the Bahamas.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yep. Played 5 good halves of basketball

14. Ssmiff

yes we did. Led from start to finish today. Tough 10 minutes 2nd half vs nova yesterday, so basically @ 110 solid minutes of 125 played.

15. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

They didnt look particularly sharp today, but you take the win. Had we not fallen asleep in the 2nd half yesterday we're coming back with the trophy.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Alexander is simply not a basketball player. Had NC State not turned it over 213 times and shot it like Calipari’s typical team, we’d have gotten housed. We have to have an option down there at some point.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

There’s potential there. He’s just too far behind everybody else

18. Ssmiff

I was unable to watch today but yesterday he had to be a -20 to 25. He tries and has improved, but I'm not sure he has thumbs.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Tough talking potential in a Senior who is taking 20-25 min per night.

Barnes recruiting disaster in the paint continues.

20. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I think Walker is gonna end up being a solid player, but he's young, another year to get stronger and he'll be ready. Hes got a good build to him. Fulkerson had potential but just looks weak, not sure if he's fully recovered from last year. Fortunately, Williams and Scofield both defend much bigger than their height. A shame both of them weren't a few inches taller.