In Year 3 of Dooley's tenure at Tennessee...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JohnnyQuickkick, Oct 7, 2012.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Louisiana Tech breaks into the Top 25. The football gods love them some irony.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

La Tech fans should be thankful for their burden being removed.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Think we can get their coach?

4. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

yeah, life sucks if you are a Volunteer fan.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hard to think of a more perfect nightmare scenario than these last 5 or so years.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

KY and Vandy owning them and winning NCs... Bowl ban and scholarship reduction from hostess-gate... Mike Hamilton not fired... Dooley with a lifetime contract...

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Dooley's supporters will spin this as a positive.

8. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

This.

They already are on VN. Dooley set the stage for their amazing run. Right. Just like he will be the reason for the next head coach at UT restoring the program. There is not one rational, analytical thought in their heads. They adore the persona and totally disregard the substance.

9. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

It's the same phenomenon as was seen during Pearl's tenure, except for the notable difference that Pearl won games.

10. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

True. He made the program relevant and took it to it's historical highpoint. Dools doesn't even have a persona - it's a figment of their imagination. Yet, they get their panties in a wad at the mere suggestion that he stinks as a coach.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

If he sets the stage for our amazing run with somebody else I'll forgive him a little bit.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Correct me if i am wrong, but all of tech's key players have arrived after Dooley left, correct?

13. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

I'm with you on that. You have to pass Go to collect the $200. So let's tell Dools to go so we can enjoy the run. Otherwise we are stuck paying rent.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

I don't know a thing about their squad but I guess at the very least the seniors and some 4th year juniors would be his guys.

15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

yes and its not even close.

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I don't know the exact numbers but a poster on VQ last year wrote a really good piece showing that their success had little or nothing to do with anyone Dooley brought in. It was all JUCOs and true freshman.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Dykes singlehandedly saved stoops job at Arizona. He's an outstanding coach.

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

"The guy before Dooley and the guy after Dooley both won the conference, so clearly Dooley did a great job while he was there."

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Ha. Dooley inherited the worst situation since the Marshall crash then, too.

20. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

If they we recruited by him, they were freshman and have been coached by someone else. The proof is in the pudding.